Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what sites ban latest utorrent builds

Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    This is crazy. I can't keep up. I just use utorrent 1.6.1 just to be safe.
    Um, are tons of private trackers threatening to ban you if you don't upgrade? At least i remember seeing that warning on a couple of trackers i use.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by shurato View Post
    Um, are tons of private trackers threatening to ban you if you don't upgrade? At least i remember seeing that warning on a couple of trackers i use.

Most tracker won't ban the user they only ban the client so you can't download announce or upload so really theres no need to cry yet

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I've said it before, i'll say it again, even if trackers are not banning 1.6.1 now, they will soon. This is my opinion, but all signs point to it being vulerable too, so take a chance if you want but theres no good reason not to upgrade. Its safer and trackers allow it, so why not upgrade?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    Most tracker won't ban the user they only ban the client so you can't download announce or upload so really theres no need to cry yet
    Yeah, that makes more sense.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Sct, waffles and what.cd too

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Myspleen banned uTorrent 1.7.6

Quote Originally Posted by shurato View Post
    what, soon waffles, hdbits, and myspleen won't ban you, they just banned the client uTorrent 1.7.6.
    Last edited by grimms; 01-18-2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +5

what, soon waffles, hdbits, and myspleen won't ban you, they just banned the client uTorrent 1.7.6.
    dont you mean 1.7.5??

Some trackers are talking about banning the 1.6.x's as well, but are hesitating because of all of the bitching that will follow.

I just upgraded to 1.7.6 (had been using 1.6.1 for ever) and have had no probs. Switch was easy and painless.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    this is the latest news from hdbits
    uTorrent - 18/01/08

uTorrent 1.7.6 is out, get downloading it Fixes a vulnerability with all other versions of utorrent that potentially allowed
    someone to crash your utorrent.
    All other versions (except 1.8b) will be banned in a few days, to keep you all up to date (why use out of date software?)
    and this is from what.cd
    Update uTorrent to 1.7.6 posted on 01/18/08 12:41AM by ?
    The staff at What.cd highly recommend you immediately update to 1.7.6 if you are using the uTorrent client. There is a bug that will allow a user (or agency) to remotely crash your client. The uTorrent team state the flaw affects all older uTorrent versions 1.6 and 1.7.x. too but have been quick to respond, releasing a new build - uTorrent 1.7.6 (build 7859) which has fixed the issue.
    from waffles
    uTorrent users: Update your clients. posted by michelle on Jan-18-08
    Waffles users using µTorrent must update to 1.7.6 by 1 February 2008. The sooner, the better.
    There is a bug that will allow a malicious user to crash your client. There are rumors that it may be even possible to execute code.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    coochiemudlo's Avatar Member
    Crazy

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster
    I don't know where everyone is getting there information from but yesterday I read that 1.6.x was effected in the change log or 1.7.6 but today it's gone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast