Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what sites ban latest utorrent builds

rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yes, they had to remove 1.6.x from the changelog because it does not affect 1.6.x
    Read any of the other threads about it

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Many have banned anything under 1.7.6. Some have allowed 1.6.1 to still be used as they've determined it to be the only version without the problem.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    BTW, anyone having problems seeing the real changelog,
    http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic....300606#p300606

They have only corrected it on one server, meaning 50% of the time people will see the old one that says 1.6.x is affected.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Ivanov's Avatar BitTorrent Addict BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    It's funny that every tracker bans different version of uTorrent and still it's the most used bittorrent client over the internet
    “For her, yeah. At the end of the day, it's all about her. It's always been about her."

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Giveaway's Avatar Senior Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanov View Post
    It's funny that every tracker bans different version of uTorrent and still it's the most used bittorrent client over the internet
    just because it's the most lightweight client
    just do giveaways and help who deserves

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    they should unbanned utorrent 1.61..its the most reliable utorrent of them all

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    TankGrrl's Avatar p-p-p-pow! BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    This is crazy. I can't keep up. I just use utorrent 1.6.1 just to be safe.
    i also use 1.6.1 and will keep using it as long as possible.
    the question here is that the most recent versions include some callbacks to their site and there is a fairly high possibility that they use it to monitor what you download. I am not touching 1.7.xxx until there is absolute sure that newer versions haven't this callback.
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Yes, they had to remove 1.6.x from the changelog because it does not affect 1.6.x
    Read any of the other threads about it
    Quote Originally Posted by zatoicchi View Post
    they should unbanned utorrent 1.61..its the most reliable utorrent of them all
    thats right - alot of people dont feel comfortable using a program that calls home to the anti p2p police like some later utorrents have been reported to do...

1.6.1 FTW!

Listen up, cause I'm only telling you this once. I'm not bedtime story lady, so pay attention. The world is *screwed* now.
    No celebrities, no cable TV, no water. It hasn't rained in 11 years. Now 20 people gotta squeeze inside the same bathtub - so it ain't all bad.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yep UT 1.6.1 is the best uttorrent client they have.

We are going to ban every ut client but Ut 1.6.1 and ut 1.7.6

Wild

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    Like it was mentioned before that its the client that's going to be banned, not your actual account. So far 1.7.6 seems to be working just fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123