Thread: Stand Up Against The Riaa

These sorry rich bastards are trying to say that since '99 there has been a 25% decrease in music sales because of p2p networks, but the truth is that 25% of the music since '99 just sucks!!!!

I got the following from http://www.eff.org/IP/P2P/howto-notgetsued.php

"Join EFF's campaign to make file-sharing legal while getting artists paid:

Contact your Congressional Representative and demand that Congress hold immediate hearings on ways to save P2P technology and file-sharing while ensuring that artists get paid.
    Learn more about alternatives. EFF's peer-to-peer web pages gather together some of the best ideas and describe how similar sorts of technology changes have been handled in the past.
    Tell a friend, family member, colleague or even stranger on the street about the damage that the RIAA is doing to the Internet, innovation, and consumer choice. There are over 57 million Americans who use P2P file-sharing -- more than voted for President Bush -- and millions more worldwide -- so chances are good that the person sitting next to you on the bus, walking beside you on the sidewalk or driving in the car in front of you is using file-sharing, too. Start the conversation.
    Join EFF and support our efforts to protect file-sharing."

We are a community of millions and need to stand up against the RIAA

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by sammytheratkiller@29 July 2003 - 00:19
    These sorry rich bastards are trying to say that since '99 there has been a 25% decrease in music sales because of p2p networks, but the truth is that 25% of the music since '99 just sucks!!!!

I got the following from http://www.eff.org/IP/P2P/howto-notgetsued.php

"Join EFF's campaign to make file-sharing legal while getting artists paid:

Contact your Congressional Representative and demand that Congress hold immediate hearings on ways to save P2P technology and file-sharing while ensuring that artists get paid.
    Learn more about alternatives. EFF's peer-to-peer web pages gather together some of the best ideas and describe how similar sorts of technology changes have been handled in the past.
    Tell a friend, family member, colleague or even stranger on the street about the damage that the RIAA is doing to the Internet, innovation, and consumer choice. There are over 57 million Americans who use P2P file-sharing -- more than voted for President Bush -- and millions more worldwide -- so chances are good that the person sitting next to you on the bus, walking beside you on the sidewalk or driving in the car in front of you is using file-sharing, too. Start the conversation.
    Join EFF and support our efforts to protect file-sharing."

We are a community of millions and need to stand up against the RIAA
    I would do no such thing...Congress is all full of old people that don't download music because they don't even know of anything to download. All they would do is make it so you have to pay to use a p2p network. Napster 2.0 is coming out and you have to pay for that so i think its not even going to get 300,000 users. Kazaa lite has millions. And i bet they will make you pay for each song, not a monthly price that stays the same, so if u download alot its a piece of shit deal. I'm sticking with Kazaa lite. I will never use another p2p network that wants to make me pay them when they are already freakin rich...why dont the music artists want us to give the money to poor dying kids? Those fucking bastards. They only want to be sure they get all the money and no one else. Screw the CEO's of all the companis including the RIAA. They do NOTHING good for us. Down with the RIAA! BOYCOTT CD'S! BOYCOTT IT ALL! I buy Cd's if i REALLY like them. Most new CD's are piece of shit cuz they only have 1 or 2 good songs and im NOT paying $15 for 2 songs. But i will pay $15 for a CD with ALL good songs. If one sucks then they should not use it and practice and practice until its a good song. They better get it just right and make it a wonderful CD or they wont get a $1 from me.

EDIT:

I seem to sense a RIAA shit head.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Don't forget about the indie bands that are signed with indie labels and have nothing to do with the RIAA. Not every musician is some fat-ass with alot of money.