Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adobe Premiere

Poster
    Terminal services mode

MS released a buggy patch and it sometimes prevents CD installs, Cab files are not readable.

Use add remove programs and you might have to copy all to a desktop folder first.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    CD Installs? images or physical?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Physical for sure. I haven't checked it out with a virtual drive yet.
    It will just insist that there is no .cab or that it's not readable.
    If you search long and hard, you might find a refference to it at MS but it's been well hidden.
    I found the terminal services mode workaround through the windows 2000 server security sites.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    ah, yea they ushally patch those problems eventually

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    It's been almost a year now though and no fix. It could be intentional.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    hmm that's weird.. i never had the problem

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Adobe is the reason I jumped onto this forum! I d/l it fine and tried to install...I first used WinRAR and it says the cab.1 file is corrupt. I did the same thing with WinZip and no go there either. I am using XP also. As a matter of fact, I am having problems with alot of the programs I d/l from Kazaa But others work fine!

One program told me to set up through "Add programs" in control panel. I tried this method and still no go GRRRRRRRR. Maybe I am doing something wrong can someone please elaborate?

Thanks for helping,

Toni

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    I had the same problem but I found yesterday the working download...BUT now I have a key problem (don't find the TEMP folder....)

HELP

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    I think Adobe are getting their act together ....For sure they are reading this and getting all our info lol ....the harder they make it the less peeps bother... If you are honest with yourself you can see their point... if you are poor and want to learn software well Hey what you gonna do ? They do give month trials but who wants that if you cannot purchase at the end of the period...and sometimes its just like a puzzle.. some of us just like to see ways around things just for the sheer hell of it...Two pieces of software from adobe I really want....actualy need. Getting the latest software is not the prob... getting it to install is the issue. Premier 6 and after effects 5.5 are fine and having; well I have a list of stuff.. So you cannot really gripe, Not that you were, Try E Mule maybe...
    Trug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12