Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What.cd

sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Just a word of warning if anyone here is a member of what.cd and does not use their account and is under the amount of 25 gigs upload you will lose it power user status has been changed from 10gigs to 25 gigs upload i have no idea what the rest of it is if there is any.

So basically you no longer have invites and you are no longer immune to automatic deletion or have access to the special forums so use those accounts if you care.
    Last edited by sleepyy; 01-18-2008 at 07:45 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Thanks for the heads-up!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    Just a word of warning if anyone here is a member of what.cd and does not use their account and is under the amount of 25 gigs upload you will lose it power user status has been changed from 10gigs to 25 gigs upload i have no idea what the rest of it is if there is any.

So basically you no longer have invites and you are no longer immune to automatic deletion or have access to the special forums so use those accounts if you care.
    thx for info

but i really dont understand these guys at whatcd..first they have rise it on 15 and now 25GB...probably reasone for that is many traded invites since many many acc was deleted recently

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by markupmaster View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up!

True, but isn't it better just to read the news on your trackers?

Also, the reason they are doing this is obvious. They're servers are strained to the maximum. They are doing everything humanely possible to cut down their userbase so their servers won't get as much traffic. Also, if there are less invites, then people will choose who they want to invite more carefully.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    21122012's Avatar Minger BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post

thx for info

but i really dont understand these guys at whatcd..first they have rise it on 15 and now 25GB...probably reasone for that is many traded invites since many many acc was deleted recently

I reckon they are just keeping up with Waffles!
    Last edited by 21122012; 01-18-2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: jhk

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    DSLFreak's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I tkink it's more like under 15GB uploaded.

Also, we are demoting all 'power users' with less than 15 gigs uploaded, and we are raising the minimum upload amount for power user status to 25GB. This will add exclusivity to the class whilst still allowing long time users with slow connections to attain this goal. It will also pave the way for new features we can implement.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Void

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    One good reason for this step is possibly to "correct their own actions". Back when the tracker was still very new, the guys over at what.cd gave 10GB of upload credit to all members. Anyone who was remotely active on the tracker (upload or download of 1kb for example ) was already promoted to PU ... and that shouldn't have been the case in my opinion.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Steve02's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    thanks for the info

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    One good reason for this step is possibly to "correct their own actions". Back when the tracker was still very new, the guys over at what.cd gave 10GB of upload credit to all members. Anyone who was remotely active on the tracker (upload or download of 1kb for example ) was already promoted to PU ... and that shouldn't have been the case in my opinion.
    Exactly! They should have done this sooner...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast