Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Forces Against Utorrent 1.7.6

RoSsoNeRI's Avatar LoUiS VuiTtoN DoN BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1990 View Post
    your a moron.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post

See thats why i like you Forumas. Useful info seems to always pour of your mind, then typed in this forum. Thanks man. I'll take a look now.

Forumas it is not my firewall already gave it full access to all inbound and outboubd traffic. I'm not able to connect to a swarm of peers for some reason. If anyone has an idea or could point me in the right direction. Leave me a link via pm. Thanks everyone.
    hehe i love to help if i can

can u tell me what error u getting in tracker status??

also disable complete your firewall and restart utorrent..must work
    Just keep getting offline timed out. Every torrent seems to work except one torrent from myspleen (Failure: Bad Client (UT1760). They banned 1.7.6 which i don't understand why, if every other tracker is embracing this current version due to the doss attack situation . Any Myspleen mods on here?

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    they may do the same as BCG

Ban all clients and only allow those that we want in.

which means as its a brand new build they might want to see if its ok first before they allow it. i have seen us wait 2-3 weeks before allowing a new build of a client, which is why i was pretty surprised when i woke up this morning, we had already allowed 1.7.6 as it usually takes a bit.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    zxion's Avatar Taste Good BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Long Live 1.7.6!!!!!!!!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Post in their forums the problems you have:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=29330

Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    New version hasn't been working for me. Every new torrent i download turns red, then updates, then says offline in tracker status column. Never had this problem before ever in uTorrent 1.6.1. Other then that switching to the new version was not a problem.

probably your firewall are blocking new version of utorrent..u need to again set new rule for new utorrent in your firewall

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Guys no need to humiliate the poor guy, he didn't even say why he wanted to "unite" against the new version perhaps he missed this news thread

Quote Originally Posted by AmpeD View Post
    "Both the official BitTorrent and uTorrent clients are vulnerable to a remote denial-of-service attack, due to the way they handle user-supplied data. Versions found to be vulnerable so far are the official BitTorrent 6.0 client,
    uTorrent 1.7.x, uTorrent 1.6.x and uTorrent 1.8-alpha-7834.

Security vulnerabilities in BitTorrent clients are relatively rare, although not unheard of. Luigi Auriemma, a Milan-based security expert, claims to have found a vulnerability in various BitTorrent clients based on the way they handle user-supplied data. The flaw allows an attacker to crash the application, effectively denying service to legitimate users. Code execution is not possible, which means there is little reason for users to panic.

So far, the problem appears to affect these clients:

- BitTorrent 6.0 (build 5535)
    - uTorrent 1.7.5 (build 4602)
    - uTorrent 1.8 (alpha 7834)

Luigi is reporting that earlier versions of these clients may also be vulnerable and this appears to have been confirmed by the uTorrent team. The problems are confirmed to exist on Windows versions of the software. As yet, Mac and Linux versions of the official BitTorrent client have not been tested.

The uTorrent team state the flaw affects all older uTorrent versions 1.6 and 1.7.x. too but have been quick to respond, releasing a new build - uTorrent 1.7.6 (build 7859) "

Source: TorrentFreak
    Download Link: http://download.utorrent.com/1.7.6/utorrent.exe

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    silvertec's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    utorrent suxs
    I won't be using anything since the joint venture with the mpaa and utorrent
    either 1.6 or I go with something else
    Hatile may be the option for me now

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by broomhead View Post
    Do you know why they forced us to change
    Do they know why they are forcing a change?

The exploit that allows running code on 1.6.x is an old exploit, and on any decent private site is not usable. 1.6.x is not suitable for public site use, but it's been that way since february of last year. It's almost 12 months too late to get your knickers in a twist about it.

The latest remote crash exploit doesn't even work on 1.6.x versions. Freaking out and banning one of the few versions that aren't susceptible is only putting users in a worse position.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertec View Post
    utorrent suxs
    I won't be using anything since the joint venture with the mpaa and utorrent
    either 1.6 or I go with something else
    Hatile may be the option for me now
    wow the world will end if u do that

please use Bitcomet then lol

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Guys no need to humiliate the poor guy, he didn't even say why he wanted to "unite" against the new version perhaps he missed this news thread

Quote Originally Posted by AmpeD View Post
    The uTorrent team state the flaw affects all older uTorrent versions 1.6 and 1.7.x. too but have been quick to respond, releasing a new build - uTorrent 1.7.6 (build 7859)
    Now they are saying it doesn't affect 1.6, and my testing agrees.
    1.6 does not even display the info gathered from extended messaging version info.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic....298736#p298736

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Norton (Bittorrent developer)
    It didn't effect the 1.6 line.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast