Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connection Problem

Adam1990's Avatar Layin down the law BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Ever since I updated to the latest utorrent, it takes me over a minute to connect to anything. Firefox runs slow as hell for each page load and in games. In utorrent it takes a minute to connect to any peers, but once I do my connection runs at its normal capacity. Any ideas?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Did you change anything, such as the number of connections it tries to open at one time?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Nope.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Well, I've heard of a lot of problems with 1.7.6 so I'm going to guess you're best bet would be to wait for another update.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Yeah.. the time it takes to connect with peers is a little slow

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Ya I noticed it too after the update but what are you going to do , Its more of a security update and your stuck .

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Ya I noticed it too after the update but what are you going to do , Its more of a security update and your stuck .
    no peat , i hope trackers will allow 1.6 soon

Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    I've spent some time looking into this issue.

The POC code on milw0rm relies on creating a malicious torrent file which the uT user opens. On any sites without public uploads, or those that clean the uploaded torrents, there is no real problem.

Another issue mentioned on torrentfreak recently revolves around an overflow bug in extended messaging.
    When an attacker sends a long enough string for version info, and the user views the peers tab, uT will crash.

1.6.x versions are not vulnerable to this attack, as they never display the version info obtained from extended messaging in the peers tab.
    1.7.x are vulnerable.

Have not tested 1.8.x

1.6.x still has some life in it yet

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    This thing really screwed up my computer. I switched back to 1.6.1 and it still cant connect to peers or update the tracker, when the tracker goes to update it times out every time. And no its not my firewall.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1990 View Post
    TAnd no its not my firewall.
    So you've re-added the rules in it? Just have to check since a friend of mine had a similiar problem and he had to do it and then it worked.
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Actatoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1990 View Post
    TAnd no its not my firewall.
    So you've re-added the rules in it? Just have to check since a friend of mine had a similiar problem and he had to do it and then it worked.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast