View Poll Results: What is most important about trackers?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Speed

11 12.36%
  • Pretimes

3 3.37%
  • Content

47 52.81%
  • Rarity

2 2.25%
  • Forums

4 4.49%
  • IRC

0 0%
  • Design

4 4.49%
  • Security

12 13.48%
  • Friendly staff

3 3.37%
  • Other (specify)

3 3.37%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What is most important about trackers?

kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    For me, security is top priority. then the forums (and friendly staff ).
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Security

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    The results say it all...content content content (and community!!)
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Content - design - speed
    ^for me... ^^

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    I was surprised that Community wasn't actually one of the options, but never mind.

For me it is security. This is not just about being low key, but also how resilient a site is against hacks and other sundry childishness. After all, too many databases have been stolen recently, many with passwords stored as plain text.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    I was surprised that Community wasn't actually one of the options, but never mind.
    That was intentional. I had a hunch that if I put in the magic word "community" everyone and their sisters would jump on that option, so I decided to split that option to forums, IRC and friendly staff.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    For me it is security. This is not just about being low key, but also how resilient a site is against hacks and other sundry childishness. After all, too many databases have been stolen recently, many with passwords stored as plain text.
    I couldn't agree more, and as I said earlier I was surprised at the low number of votes that option got, although since then it seems to be (again, magically) gaining up on the rest.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    i say
    1-community
    community will be number one priority , cause as long as there are good members and active ones . you can get whatever content you want and in good communities people seed for long periods not to mention they always fulfill your requests fast
    so actually having good community can cover content and speed in a way .

2-friendly staff
    community and friendly staff are connected -in my opinion- , in order to maintain a good community you need a friendly and good staff with it .

3-content
    it's vital also to have a good content as we talking here about torrent sites .

4-speed

don't care that much about speed . if the content is good and people are nice
    i can wait .no problem
    Last edited by SAM; 01-20-2008 at 03:03 AM.

For Serving Community

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Content comes first to me: Even if I have a fast connection (which I don't at the moment). speed means nothing if there is nothing or little choice in term of content. Who wants to be a member of a tracker which have only 100 torrent but a garanteed speed of 1gig per sec?

Pretime: For most people who can wait, pretime does not mean much. For me I dl mostly older stuffs, but people who care about pretime are those who have the speed.

Rarity: If this refer to content's rarity, then yes it is important to me cos I tends to go for older stuffs. but if its refer to the tracker being rare, then I am not to keen about it and it does not make a tracker more actractive to me.

IRC: This one I have no idea how it works; I don't even want to go there ......and I though it only for those who wants invite or bagging the staff to reinstated their banned account

Design: as long as I can navigate the site design to me is not important. The basic features of a good tracker must all be there.

Staffs: You will find some jerks but mostly good people as staff in most trackers. Staffs are not paid to do the job. They are there on their on time, and many time they are under some form of pressure. All members of any tackers would like friendly staffs. Just advoid dealing with those you consider 'bad'.

Security: Where I come from, it does not really matter.

Speed: If you your max dl speed is 30kB/s, speed is the last think you consider important. I have a torrent that I am still dling that will take me another 2 weeks to finish and I have been on it for 2 weeks
    Last edited by TP635; 01-20-2008 at 03:05 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    #Content
    #speed
    all other i dont care at all
    Vectoral FTW!

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    serialkiller's Avatar No God But Allah BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Forums
    Content
    Speed
    Design
    Signature & Avatar Rules - No religious sigs

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast