Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spyware doctor help

i just downloaded spyware doctor and made it full version but when i update the files it goes back to trial version any answer to how to stop this happening. I'm sick of ad-aware and wanted to try somethiong else.

ok if you cant help me with this problem whats next best spyware program that dont need to be registered
    Last edited by The_Hunter; 01-18-2008 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Spyware Doctor is spyware if you ask me . You need to find a key or crack to license it . Most of the top Security programs have a spy blocker built in . I don't use a dedicated one anymore like Spybot , Adaware or Giant .

Have you tried Microsoft Defender ?

Hunter which version this one ?

"Spyware doctor V 5.5.0178 (09/01/08) With smart update!

VALID FOR 365 days, registered to you!!!

comes with step by step installation video! "

Christ they come with step by step video instructions now ?
    Last edited by peat moss; 01-19-2008 at 01:51 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    I still use Spybot for occasional scans, it still seems to pick up things left missed by other scanners. I wouldn't bother with SW Doctot though, it is far too resource intensive.

Windows Defender tries to mark too many genuine apps as "at risk", particularly when they do a better job than similar M$ products.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I had Spyware.Doctor.v5.1.0.273 cracked but everytime i update it went back to trial version at moment have Spyware doctor V 5.5.0178 ok for now to they blacklist it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    You still might what to look at your whole security setup like Anti virus and Firewall as I never see adware on my system . Just using Eset Security now but KIS is fine too when either is combined with Firefox .

Just a thought tho and as Lynx said use Spybot to double check .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    thanks peat and lynx for help already use spybot as backup

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Your welcome .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    What I do is, keep Spyware doctor in trial mode, if it detects anything, shut it down and recrack it. Onguard works 100% while in trial. Also, as others have suggested, use spybot every week or so, just to help keep your system clean.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I tried it Hunter but found nothing on my setup which is why I suggest just using an all in one Security Suite .

It might be a good option for a spyware infected computer tho , will have plenty of opportunities with my friends computers to try it . .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    JROQuinn's Avatar Rev. Maynard BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Ok, recrack it, then run updates if needed but uncheck "SD Info NRM" then you should still have the full version

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast