A small stand-alone tool with the following functionality:
- It should download two textfiles. The urls of these textfiles are stored in an INI file.
- The first textfile contains 3 lines. The first to lines are the urls of the textfiles (to keep the INI up-to-date). The third line contains the date of the latest version of the second textfile. This should be compared to a value stored in the ini file to see if the second textfile needs to be downloaded or not.
- The second textfile contains IP ranges just like the file that is currently used by KL does.
- The current file should be replaced by the downloaded file (#2) if there is a newer version. (filename should not change!
Instead of a stand-alone program, it might be better as a plugin for KL Extensions. It should add a menu item to Options to update the blocklist (or access the GUI of the plugin if it has one).
Extra functionality that could be added after the initial release:
- GUI (with update button, date of current blocklist)
- Option to manually add an IP or IP range. This should be stored in a separate textfile and merged with the blocklist after each update.