Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Community - The Truth

grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by krunktastic View Post
    In my opinion, the levels are completely arbitrary - in fact the whole system is ridiculous. I think by removing that thread FST will have sooo many less problems to worry about. It draws unnecessary attention to the "high level" trackers that wish to remain under the radar, forcing them to cut themselves off.
    I agree, but am also glad i did get to see the list not just for the levels but to know what else is out their and to expand my own horizons. I'm glad i'm now apart of some of them. I have got to meet so many more people and extend my network of friends.

It sucks though cause whats good, could also be bad. Unfortunately this same list or thread with the list has attracted, traders, cheaters, and scammers who ruin what could otherwise be a great experience. It's a double edged sword. Once again gotta take the bad in with the good (even though the ultimate is not too or limit "bad" users as much as possible).

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    As far as trackers are concerned there are very few with an "active" community. The few that are active do tend to have their clicks and with effort and a tad bit of time you can feel right at home. If the pursuit of a community is your #1 priority then why would you wonder far from forums such as FST that have a large user base and are more active than any BT tracker forum could be?

I believe you can find your niche with people that have common interests not just BT and you will feel 100% more satisfied then a tracker that has maybe 10-20 posts a day in its forums.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Kapone's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    @ jonnyy81985 well said. I'm new to the site but not the scene. But I also agree with you. I think noobs are judged by sites and post counts. But think about it everyone started at the bottom and worked there way up.

Me personally I use about 3 or 4 sites. If I can't find it on them its not out there . And those 3 or 4 sites are not big name sites either. Later M8

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    i wonder , how people can define a collector ?
    i mean it's very hard to know whether this man is asking for an invite is just want it as a trophy or really want it to be an active member in the site.
    i guess collectors are not the problem .the problem is the cheaters and scammers .
    even if you invited a collector , his account will decay from inactivity .
    i think there are two types of collector: one who collects for e-penis enlargement purpose and another who collects for variety of content/ community w/e (with an intention to download from it in near future).

The second one makes sense to me coz he has it to use it...may be he doesn't download today but when there is a release that he wants...he will...and i think that's fine. On the other hand, i think those who collect trackers for e-penis should be discouraged. How to identity them? In general, they...

- login within a week but and don't download anything

- entered the tracker saying " i love community" but don't post at all. I know in some cases, u don't get the type of community u are excepting for that's an exception

- enter the tracker saying "the content is great" but barely download

- have a love icon or userbar of "high lvl" tracker

the main problem i see is that collecting occupies spot in a tracker. It may not mean anything to tracker with huge slot for users but for closed community...i think it's a problem.

collectors usually login once in a while to save their acct from getting purged. In my opinion checking in a tracker and if u don't list it letting it purge is fine...but keeping it alive just for "i have this" purpose is not right.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 01-21-2008 at 01:57 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    great answer , mate

For Serving Community

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Good way to define it.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I agree with OP.

Waffles has a great community for music lovers and forums are organized so far

But there are some high level trackers {dont know about level 10's as I dont have them and dont want them} which has very good community and warm feel like fsc and ftn

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Too me personally? Underground gamer, Boxtorrents, what, and waffles have an excellent forum community. UG gamer is one of my all time favs though. Also appreciate Boxtorrents (for my anime discussions).

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    ,look,
    if the content in most trackers are the same and you don't care about the speed that much.
    why you look for high trackers except for the security and the community they have.
    what differs fsc , ftn , ftwr and all the top trackers from the other trackers out there,is not the speed and the content .
    what make them unique is their friendly staff and their warm community.

For Serving Community

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    ,look,
    if the content in most trackers are the same and you don't care about the speed that much.
    why you look for high trackers except for the security and the community they have.
    what differs fsc , ftn , ftwr and all the top trackers from the other trackers out there,is not the speed and the content .
    what make them unique is their friendly staff and their warm community.
    That plus to expand your horizons and extend your network of friends and places to hang out in. I do agree.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast