Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Community - The Truth

krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    ,look,
    if the content in most trackers are the same and you don't care about the speed that much.
    why you look for high trackers except for the security and the community they have.
    what differs fsc , ftn , ftwr and all the top trackers from the other trackers out there,is not the speed and the content .
    what make them unique is their friendly staff and their warm community.
    I don't mean this offensively at all, but - how can you judge those sites if you're not a member on any of them?

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by LordS View Post
    I find the forums on all those level 10 sites great, It's more a family than some randoms.

If you were to go offline for a few days, people would notice and ask how you've been etc.
    really true LordS. It happens to me too. This happens when you get to know ppl or when ppl know you. I know some random ppl asking me why i got a warning or why I needed that as a request or something like that.

Hell if i dont go into an irc server for a day and im on other servers, ppl ask me where i was and why i didnt come to their server.

Its all about knowing ppl, whether in irc or in forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Nobody asks about me when I'm gone a few days
    Most of us say thank fuck actually.

LOL. That actually happens to me sometimes, but usually they just say it was nice to see me back

Vidde...why do i always see your name pop-up everywhere?? Do i know you from somewhere?

no i havent been on NB at all
    Last edited by Hey; 01-21-2008 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBob View Post
    benchez, seventh seal right ?
    Noice.
    Now go away.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    The seventh seal is a great movie. I see it in your avatar.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Now go away.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i think it varies from tracker to tracker but people asking for the community probably heard it being built up by someone they know and thats all you can really go off of. i know for me personally i've found the forums at fsc and revolt to be the most like "home" for me and my favorite to visit. revolt is just a bunch of goofballs messing around which is always fun and fsc has a lot of really nice people and the fight club which is a huge plus for me. i think at first they may seem cold but thats only because nobody there knows you yet(im speaking generally about all forums), keep posting and people will get to know you and start talking to you whenever they're ready but until they do you're really not a part of the "community" yet. give it a couple months on whatever site you're talking about and stay active and then see how you feel about it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by aysomc View Post
    i think it varies from tracker to tracker but people asking for the community probably heard it being built up by someone they know and thats all you can really go off of. i know for me personally i've found the forums at fsc and revolt to be the most like "home" for me and my favorite to visit. revolt is just a bunch of goofballs messing around which is always fun and fsc has a lot of really nice people and the fight club which is a huge plus for me. i think at first they may seem cold but thats only because nobody there knows you yet(im speaking generally about all forums), keep posting and people will get to know you and start talking to you whenever they're ready but until they do you're really not a part of the "community" yet. give it a couple months on whatever site you're talking about and stay active and then see how you feel about it.
    Definitely holds true for fsc, can't speak for revolt though, not a member there.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    There are several sites where this is the case, but I can see where you're coming from. Though I still am a firm believer that level has nothing to do with the quality of the community.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    revolt is just a bunch of goofballs messing around which is always fun .
    Goofball!!.. Speak for yourself

Kidding aside, well put. I do have a grand time with a few favourite sites. The torrents are secondary for the most part.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny81985 View Post
    Everyone here makes good points but i must disagree with some things. I for one love being part of smaller communities where I can get to know people. This to me is what filesharing is about. If you think about it, in terms of cont4ent, Scc and Sct are very similar but people want Sct way more because it is considered a level 10 site. I am lucky enough to be a member of both, but honestly I use Scc more because I like the people there a little better. They seem a lot more welcoming and nicer.

At Scc i have like a 600 gig buffer and that is why people there are nice to me. The dont like me for who I am or my friendliness amongs teh forums but because i seed alot. These same people wouldnt have given me the time of day when i first signed up for an account

I do believe that people have to earn trust on forums but at the same time I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt. For example if a new person here with under 10 posts asks for help I will gladly offer it to them. Granted im not gonna send him a Sct or mRevtt invite but after i get to know him alil ill help get him started with a lower level invite. I think to many peoplearound here judge based on # of posts,giveaways, and the like. But what is really important is the aspect of what kind of person you are dealing with. Maybe they are new to torrents and dont know all that much so they cant offer mcuh help but at the same time they might be very friendly, willing to learn, and very active in the community. To me this person deserves a chance to get started out--- I mean we all started somewhere.

Granted there are always collectors, traders, cheaters, scammers, etc... but we cannot judge everyone based on the premise that they fall into these categories.

Just my two cents

Jon
    Actually according to some forums and other sites, they recently updated the supposed "level list" and ScT is only level 5 now. It doesn't matter to me what level it is though. I rather have a good smaller forum community, then a big tracker with no forum community. I do love the two big sites with a huge user base and community though.
    I just checked Sct is still 10

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast