Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is It Possible?

Poster
    Originally posted by Spindulik@31 July 2003 - 09:06
    YES you CAN, use multiple hard drives as one!

You need something like the FastTrak66. I believe you can have up to 4 hard drives merged as on "physical hard drive", also use it as RAID. 2 masters, and 2 slaves. Plus you'll have your motherboard's hard drive to use a seperate source for IDE devices.

Click here here to see some interesting info in converting a cheap Ultra66 to an expensive FastTrak66.
    FastTrak66?

I think he should at least use 'ultra 100' or even 'ultra 133' not 66 as the newer drives use 100 or 133.

Look at the 2 last items listed here: Click here to see web site.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Thanks everyone for the help. I've bought myself SIIG Ultra ATA/133 PCI controller for £20 and it works really well. I now have all three hard drives running together and have another three solts available for more IDE devices if the need arises.

Cheers all.

P.s. Sorry about the time it took to reply but I had my computer in bits for a while and when I came back online we had all this server trouble.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Originally posted by metalrebelzz@30 July 2003 - 13:00
    most motherboards support four IDE devices......which could mean 3 HDD's and one CD-ROM/CD-RW or w/e....
    NOT a good idea to put a hard drive and a CD/DVD-Rom on the same IDE connector. the CD/DVD runs at a much slower bus speed than the hard drive, so the IDE connector runs all devices on the cable at the slower speed-- i.e. the hard drive would run at 33mbps like the CD/DVD.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123