Thread: Rtorrent

parky's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    If i want to run torrents from a private tracker on rtorrent do I need to apply a patch?
    As torrents are failing due to unknown passkey

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    yeah, i would stick to azeurus or utorrent if i were you. its gonna be really troublesome with anything else. im not even sure if there are alternatives that are allowed for every single private tracker besides those 2 clients. if someone knows it might be of help to you, because im assuming rtorrent might not be compatible with all your trackers

edit: try resetting your passkeys, that might be the problem, although you wont be able to continue the torrents you have without redownloading them
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 01-22-2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    chillincool's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    torrent client shouldn't make your passkey fail. also, i've never seen a site that doesn't allow rtorrent.
    "They were cheap masks locked on festering thoughts--voices gabbling to drown out the loud silence in every breast."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Computer Scientist BT Rep: +1
    all you have to do is make sure you download the torrent file from the same ip that you run rtorrent on...i do this by using putty and tunneling through that to get to the site with firefox and downloading the torrent, then ftp'ing it to my box and running it...works perfect
    just a guy who doesn't like to pay for movies....or video games...or software...or television...or music...you know, just like everyone else!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    parky's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    I downloaded the torrent on the same ip as my seedbox I reset my passkey still getting the same problem.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    yeah, i would stick to azeurus or utorrent if i were you. its gonna be really troublesome with anything else. im not even sure if there are alternatives that are allowed for every single private tracker besides those 2 clients. if someone knows it might be of help to you, because im assuming rtorrent might not be compatible with all your trackers

edit: try resetting your passkeys, that might be the problem, although you wont be able to continue the torrents you have without redownloading them
    Woefully uninformed. There are several alternatives that are allowed across almost every single tracker, rtorrent being one that is allowed on all trackers.

As for why rtorrent isn't working on your end, it might be an installation problem. I am able to download torrent files on my computer and load them using ntorrent. Maybe something was not installed/installed properly?
    Ask me about my self-esteem!