Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new member, confused about ratio proofs

Member BT Rep: +1
    I'm wondering why people blot out so many things in their ratio proof shots? It seems like they would be easy to steal from someone else, seeing that the username is blotted out in most screens. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep the username in there? What harm does it cause to leave it in? I think for me it lends more creedence to see a screen that matches a users FST screen name. And some even blot out the decimals in the amount downloaded and uploaded, wtf?

Or maybe I'm just incredibly naive.

Anyone want to school me?
    Steve

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    antitrader's Avatar Uzi submachine gun BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    there is speed test too , i think its cool

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    A safety issue for the users. A lot of trackers don't want their names shown anywhere, and if a person keep their account name in the screenshot, there's always a chance they could get banned.
    Sig goes here.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    It's really to conceal the identity of the people posting because usually they are traders, or are doing something against site policy.

Stealing ratios can be done, but afaik isn't necessarily a problem. However, it could be done so I always tag mine with smileys, etc.

Although, I don't do it because I break site rules - it's just that you can never be too safe about revealing your account name.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    The only proof for me is a profile link with certain comment.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    one2one's Avatar SEED FOR EVEV BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by sugam View Post
    The only proof for me is a profile link with certain comment.
    +1

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    yea, live profile links would definitely seem to be the way to go. i'm not so sure i caught whatever you insinuated by the wink? me being a n00b and all...

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    wink is just a... wink

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    haha ok, i just was confused by what you meant exactly in "with certain comment"

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by timeisaapear View Post
    haha ok, i just was confused by what you meant exactly in "with certain comment"
    As everybody can sent link to other profiles you may ask them to comment a torrent, insert soemthing in the profile etc, to proof that the profile belongs to them. Of course you have to own an account in the pointed tracker which can result in a kind of inconvinience...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast