Thread: Anybody ever heard or used this site?

Diamonds4Ever's Avatar Anti-What? BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    i was searching on google yesterday and i came accross this site http://www.onlinestoragesolution.com/

i want to know if i can host a torrent there, and also if its safe, and how much storage space will i get.

anybody had any experience with them before?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    The bare minimum for hosting a torrent tracker - I assume you were talking about hosting a tracker - is availability of a http server with some kind of scripting technology to offer dynamic content. If you want to use existing tracker software that means PHP scripting.

As both of those details necessary are not available with onlinestoragesolution.com you are out of luck. Note: this is a storage solution like advertised and access to the data is limited to users with login details. The possibility to share files publicly exists but I suspect it works like with other webhosts (rapidshare, depositfiles, mediafire, sendspace, etc).

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Diamonds4Ever's Avatar Anti-What? BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    im not saying like a tracker, only a torrent or two

but even if i dont put any torrents, is this site good for hosting files? anybody tried them?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BamZow's Avatar Pure Swedish power BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamonds4Ever View Post
    im not saying like a tracker, only a torrent or two
    If you mean using it as a seedbox, the answer is no.
    As said, it is a storage place, so you may upload a torrent to it just like any other files, but you won´t be able to anything with it, except letting your friends download your files without any tracker involved.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    StevenVD's Avatar Power User BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    You can upload your torrent files to their server but you won't be able to seed/leech with their server.
    "Normal" is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work, driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for, in order to get to the job that you need so you can pay for the clothes, car, and the house that you leave empty all day in order to afford to live in it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    yup thats what i meant stevenVD thanks - but it saids unlimited storage for 20 bucks for a full year, that sounds really cheap to me, i think theres something behind that, i may be wrong, but i don't know