Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music torrent sites: Behind the hype - what do you think?

krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

Question Mark

Sure, everyone knows that What and Waffles have the most comprehensive collection of music around since OiNK got taken down. But, there are also several other sites that also try to bring out the best in its users by promoting top-notch ripping and encouragement to upload the rarest releases. However, it seems that because certain sites are not only difficult to get into, but because of this, have gained a sort of "hype". Mind you, this may be deserved, but for those of you who are members on almost all of these sites, how do you think they compare to each other?

In my opinion, BTMusic (or Pedro's) has been a lifesaver for me as far as finding rare rips that I couldn't find on Waffles or What. Waffles seems to have it's act together better than What as far as the quality of rips, but as far as quantity is concerned, What.cd has all three beat. I mainly visit Waffles as of right now because, for me, it seems like they have the best balance of quantity and quality.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    X X - - (-o-) (-o-) BT Rep: +3
    waffles has lost its advantage by now, there were more torrents, cos of the elitist mentality there, ppl uploaded more to it, but what has far more users and usually i can find rarities on what, but i have to admit i prefer waffles' quality.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    if u have whatcd or waffles u dont need anything else at least that is for me

but who are not members there yet they can try sounddamage,STmusic and few more

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Btmusic, what, and waffles is a killer combo. I tend to like what more, but the site is alittle more dumbed down in a sense, Waffles is more adult like and more organized with a better design and layout. I still pref what a little more though, but i tend to hang out more at Waffles. BTmusic is cool if your a loseless lover and they have alot of rare stuff. It's better to have all three. You can't go wrong with all three of them.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Giveaway's Avatar Senior Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    STmusic rocks too
    whatcd + waffles + stmusic = the best
    just do giveaways and help who deserves

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Oh yes I forgot, STmusic is great too.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    I find everything I need on both waffles and what?

Its weird. I like the whole feel of waffles better and use that site mainly. But when I cant find somthin there its usually on what?.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Giveaway View Post
    STmusic rocks too
    whatcd + waffles + stmusic = the best

yeah thats my combo too, cept if it's something really mainstream or new, I'll get it off of libble first. their seed bonus is insane and gives me a constant positive ratio no matter what. then that saves my ratios on the main 3 trackers for rarer music that i cant find anywhere.

I'll also usually throw up a request on kraytracker for the album I want if its punk/hxc/ska/indie etc, and someone normally helps me out. and then i use rockbox for grind and all types of metal

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Cruel's Avatar I'm steak! BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Haven't had time to check the quality but for me there is four by addind softmp3 to your orgiginal three.
    Presenting your royal highness, our illustrious King Cruel the XIII, self-proclaimed lord of the lemurs, et cetera, et cetera, hooray, everybody.
    Four months and I'm living your dream.
    Silly Rabbit Dreams Are For Kids

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    SoundDamage has a killer design,friendly community and incredible staff....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast