Thread: news group problem

I started using giganews and newsleecher today, this is my first attempt at using newsgroups. I got everything set up fine and found a few files to dl. Everything was working fine then I started to get this error : max number of simultaneous IP addresses reached. I am thinking its because my ip switches while im logged on? Is there any way to fix this other than waiting? Its happened 2 times so far. Any help for a noob?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    You could contact your provider.
    For some extra change each month they could probably hook you up with a static IP address.

Although, I have a dynamic IP and never had the kind of problem you're describing.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by svenseven View Post
    I started using giganews and newsleecher today, this is my first attempt at using newsgroups. I got everything set up fine and found a few files to dl. Everything was working fine then I started to get this error : max number of simultaneous IP addresses reached. I am thinking its because my ip switches while im logged on? Is there any way to fix this other than waiting? Its happened 2 times so far. Any help for a noob?
    Never heard of anyone loosing an IP while they are online as long as the network card is ok and the ISP don't have any problems. You should have a lease time on the IP and usually it is 12 hours or so (at least it is here in Norway).
    Even though your network card is the problem (or a router) you shouldn't get a new IP address since you still got the same MAC address.

Before you go for a static IP you should get your ISP to check it out.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    If your using a router, it might be set to re-accquire after a short interval. Maybe you just never noticed until now.