Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Annoyed with ScT!

fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by Unstable1 View Post
    im cheesed off that ScT are refusing to unban utorrent 1.6.1 even though its been proven not to have the most recently found bug which has caused all the other versions except 1.7.6 to be banned.

bitme, bitmetv, blackcats-games, what, waffles have all unbanned 1.6.1 yet ScT are sticking to their guns.

i wish they would come to their senses and stop being so pig-headed and think about the users.

now i have to use two versions of utorrent for different sites, because some sites im on have banned the 1.7.x tree.

come on ScT, admit you were wrong to ban utorrent 1.6.1 and do the right thing, unban it for the benefit of your users.
    its not just ScT,there are many major sites have banned 161 and its will be banned from what i can see forever...also with this public thread u will do nothing much

but thank god there are sites who allowed 161 so leave ScT

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    im cheesed off that ScT are refusing to unban utorrent 1.6.1 even though its been proven not to have the most recently found bug which has caused all the other versions except 1.7.6 to be banned.

bitme, bitmetv, blackcats-games, what, waffles have all unbanned 1.6.1 yet ScT are sticking to their guns.

i wish they would come to their senses and stop being so pig-headed and think about the users.

now i have to use two versions of utorrent for different sites, because some sites im on have banned the 1.7.x tree.

come on ScT, admit you were wrong to ban utorrent 1.6.1 and do the right thing, unban it for the benefit of your users.
    its not just ScT,there are many major sites have banned 161 and its will be banned from what i can see forever...also with this public thread u will do nothing much

what other major sites have banned 161?

im a member of most of the top sites and im only aware of revtt and sct who have currently banned 161. all the other sites that did have now unbanned 161.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    hdbits too? That's a happy news! It means i dont need to upgrade.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post

what other major sites have banned 161?

im a member of most of the top sites and im only aware of revtt and sct who have currently banned 161. all the other sites that did have now unbanned 161.
    RevTT,ScT,DH,NB,LeecherLair,TTi

also these sites recommended to upgrade on 176

TL,whatcd,waffles,Flower and few more

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Giveaway's Avatar Senior Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    1.7.6 is just the safest one.
    it's for your safeness mate
    just do giveaways and help who deserves

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    ok thanks.. the only 2 that affect me are revtt and sct.

the sites recommending upgrading can be ignored, at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Giveaway View Post
    1.7.6 is just the safest one.
    it's for your safeness mate

why is it safer? can you prove it?

i doubt you can.
    Last edited by Unstable1; 01-22-2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    davidw89's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    yes u can prove it..theres a link somewhere on bitmetv..scout it yourself

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    such a serious bug that bitmetv are still allowing it?

thats very out of character for them.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Bottom line is, its up to the trackers.

and 1.6.1 allows users to do something thats negative (cant go into to much detail) 1.7.6 has stopped users doing it. so maybe this is another reason why some trackers are still banning it, as it stops this in its tracks.
    Last edited by stoi; 01-22-2008 at 02:03 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    ok, thanks for the info stoi.

if my understanding is correct though, the problem can be cicumvented by coding on the tracker side.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast