Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So lets be COMMUNITY!

BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    they wouldnt do it if the huge majority of people from those regions were bad users. tough luck, nothing any of us could do about it and if i was in their position i would do the same thing.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    slimdogp's Avatar Token White Kid BT Rep: +1
    I would vote against any said petition...

The reason? Well, I trust the admins of the sites I use to implement their judgment to do what is best for the tracker.

If they decide it is best for the health of the tracker to ban entire countries?

Ok by me..

Yes, I know it sucks for those of you who don't cheat and live in a banned region. Life isn't fair, oh well.

slim-

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Or you could find a few users from your country who don't cheat and get a box located in another country and sign up, seed, and surf threw there.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by krunktastic View Post
    I have never been one to punish the few for the crimes of many; I don't think it's right neither do I think it's fair.
    I would agree to that if they got paid to do their staffing at sites, but they don't and they give their free time to help resolve user (our) issues.

When most of them issues are based around certain regions giving them over 90% of the site problems, then their only recourse is to place blanket bans on them regions which then frees up lots of time to help resolve the rest of the sites user problems.

Maybe if they had more staff/time, then more 1-2-1 user problems could be resolved satisfactory, but not many want to give up their free time to do unpaid staffing work at torrent sites.

It's a tough world, and maybe if those regions users educated the rest of their fellow countrymen to be better users at sites, instead of constantly bitching, then maybe we could all torrent in peace and all get along better.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    The answer would to find a fool proof way to detect cheating but from what I've read it's just not possible at the moment. Until someone finds a way to 'cheat proof' a tracker this problem will never go away. Blame also has to be shared with the cheats themselves of course. Their mentality just escapes me. I value my accounts WAAAY to much to risk losing them. I've been a member of several sites for 2 or more years..no seed box, and no uber elite uploader status, just a reasonable ratios and lots of gbs u/led over the years..and that suits me just fine, altho I do pick one tracker a month to donate to (usually less than $20). Just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by Zaxx; 01-23-2008 at 01:42 AM.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    It is a simple fact from the staff's point of view on these PRIVATE trackers - note this, it is a privilege to belong to them , not a right - that when most of their effort is expended on tracing cheaters from certain countries then it is far simpler to simply ban the offending IP ranges. Why should they have to spend the time sorting the good from the bad when a large proportion of users in certain countries are known to cheat trade sell invites etc.
    I also believe this is a social problem in these countries, the attitude of users being to take what they can in any way they can. It is unfortunate for the genuine users but it comes back to the simple fact that these are private trackers created by people who want a certain type of user and have rules for users to abide by. From the point of view of the tracker staff, banning an entire offending country is the simplest and by far the most effective way to remove alot of irritation and wasted time spent checking and tracing cheats/scammers and all the rest.
    It is a very simple fact, if you wish to be a member of the private communities that you have been invited to , then you need to follow the rules that were put in place for members of that community. The one thing that various staff members I talk to have to say is how frustrating and time consuming it is tracking down the cheaters, the scammers and the account hackers.

The only thing that I would add to what Artemis is saying is....well its just like those precious ipods that everyone has....its a prive!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123