Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What.Cd's Lack of Seeders

Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    A hit & run system would not help the tracker much but it'd certainly annoy some members.

What you guys seem to forget about is the important number of snatches per time and not in total. Pretty much every torrent that gets less than 1 new leecher per day (on average) will a) be hard to keep alive in the long turn and b) require previous downloaders to seed them for weeks on end. With so little activity on a considerable amount of torrents you'll never reach the goal of a long-term archive when you start with 36 hour hit & run rules. What are a few hours in the face of keeping a torrent alive for 6 months and more? To be brutally honest: hit & run rules such as those will only work on scene trackers where content is outdated after a couple of days.

Starting out on a tracker is always more difficult than maintaining an existing ratio but both is rather easy on what.cd. I'm past 50GB upload now (minus 10GB I got for free) and only about 1.5GB of that are from free leech torrents. Still, isn't that enough for everbody else to start out? You get some music for free and can afford some other downloads with the upload credit.

About the number of leechers/seeders you keep complaining about: there's of course the reason that some people were old oink members and they don't need to download things they already have or they rejected previously. This means that a considerable part of those 100k torrents is attractive to a much smaller group of users which means current releases are more popular and easier to keep alive. The problem with the "older" albums will exist as long those few members who download them aren't willing to keep them alive for a long time.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    You need to upload stuff people want. Probably about 20 good albums or more. If not, you'll have a very low ratio for a long time to come. Same with Waffles.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Well, I uploaded a bunch... Now I just check and make sure they are well seeded. My ratio is fine... and I do the right thing and try to leech some too.

That is not the place to try and get 3-4 ratio at all, just download what you want and keep it seeding. That was the golden rule on oink too, download all you want, just keep it seeded for a while and your ratio will be fine.

User of the .torrent files

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    at a place like what and waffles its all about uploading. thats the only way I have ever got my ratio up. even at oink it wasn't seeding a file that I had already downloaded it was what I uploaded(even though I do seed a file until 1:1 or dead). I have uploaded about 13 gigs at both what and waffles and only about a gig or two is from downloading rather than uploading.
    this is not true for everyone but for many

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    But the ratio system only start getting to term when we get more leechers to counterbalance the amount of releases everyones is making.

Minimum ratio is 0.5 anyway, it's pretty easy to maintain. The more snatches, the more seeds per torrent, the better the overall tracker get.

User of the .torrent files

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    What.Cd's Lack of Seeders
    There is no lack of seeders; the opposite is true. There is little leeching activities in there except those torrents that are on FL. There are tons of files that I would love to dl but I would rather get them from elsewhere. cos I know I will need be able to seed back and regain my ratio.
    As long as they have no seed bonus system this situation will go on for a very long time. And then...

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Ronnie Coleman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    There is lack of seeders because there is lack of leechers.

So, there is lack of both. All this comments just driving me into one direction > that tracker by itself isn't ACTIVE enough.

To be precise, there ARE enough people:

But reasons mentioned above my post (ex OiNK members donćt want music thez already got...) explained a lot.

At the and, there is nothing I can say except I am very sorry because of trackers "inactive" destiny... Hope it will change in the future...
    "Do well and you will have no need for ancestors." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    the site should get better in like 3 months

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    I have to wait untill they editors choice freeleech albums show up and seed those. Thats the only way I have kept my account thus far. I think Ive dl'd maybe 5 other albums most of which had 0 leechers and <5 seeders.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    What.Cd's Lack of Seeders
    There is no lack of seeders; the opposite is true. There is little leeching activities in there except those torrents that are on FL. There are tons of files that I would love to dl but I would rather get them from elsewhere. cos I know I will need be able to seed back and regain my ratio.
    As long as they have no seed bonus system this situation will go on for a very long time. And then...
    I agree with you on that. They need some type of seed bonus system. I don't see it being implemented int he near future though.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast