Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Downloads/uploads?

i am using a program to monitor my uploads n downloads and just recently they have been saying they are higher than they actually are.yet i cant seem to find what else is up/downloading!

is there a program that will tell me which program is up/downloading and tell me what speeds they are doin so?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    netlimiter
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@28 July 2003 - 23:39
    netlimiter
    I use netlimiter all the time, but I don&#39;t think it is very accurate as the speeds kazaa/bittorrent show can sometimes be totally different from the speeds netlimiter shows.
    It could be kazaa/bittorrent showing the wrong speeds, but I don&#39;t think so.
    It sounds like basics could already be using netlimiter.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    what is netlimiter?

i am using DU meter, it basically tells u the speed of ur uploads/downloads.

im just trying to find out whats uploading and downloading on my pc even when kazaa isnt connected&#33;

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by callum@28 July 2003 - 23:52
    I use netlimiter all the time, but I don&#39;t think it is very accurate as the speeds kazaa/bittorrent show can sometimes be totally different from the speeds netlimiter shows.
    It could be kazaa/bittorrent showing the wrong speeds, but I don&#39;t think so.
    It sounds like basics could already be using netlimiter.
    yeah, netlimiter can be a little inaccurate

i ususally just stick with du meter, however, it doesn&#39;t allow program specific bandwidth monitoring

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by basics@28 July 2003 - 23:55
    what is netlimiter?
    http://www.netlimiter.com

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    what is netlimiter?

im just trying to find out whats uploading and downloading on my pc even when kazaa isnt connected&#33;
    I copied this from the netlimiter help file.

NetLimiter is an internet traffic control tool designed for Win98/Win98 SE, WinME, WinNT4, Win2000 and WinXP. It is suited to monitor applications which access the internet and actively control their internet traffic. You can use NetLimiter to set (download/upload) speed limits for applications or even single connection. Simply, NetLimiter allows you to share your internet connection bandwidth among all applications running on your PC.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    but will it tell me whats upoading/downloading without me knowing?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by basics@29 July 2003 - 00:02
    but will it tell me whats upoading/downloading without me knowing?
    yes

it&#39;ll give you a real time display of what apps are using your bandwidth

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    what is netlimiter?

The speeds shown include searches, failed connections, overhead, and a lot of other stuff. Netlimiter and DU meter together will show totals weekly, monthly, projected, and so on.

The programs are actually fooled by netlimiter. I use emule but have a monthly cap so I can&#39;t allow huge uploads to run when I have nothing downloading. Netlimiter allows me to throttle and maintain the correct upload/download ratio without being kicked off the server. The emule program still report huge uploads and thinks the data is getting through but netlimiter doesn&#39;t allow it to actually upload all that data and waste my bandwidth. When I get sources, I uncap the speed to uploads untill my sources drop again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast