Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Annoyed with ScT!

im cheesed off that ScT are refusing to unban utorrent 1.6.1 even though its been proven not to have the most recently found bug which has caused all the other versions except 1.7.6 to be banned.

bitme, bitmetv, blackcats-games, what, waffles have all unbanned 1.6.1 yet ScT are sticking to their guns.

i wish they would come to their senses and stop being so pig-headed and think about the users.

now i have to use two versions of utorrent for different sites, because some sites im on have banned the 1.7.x tree.

come on ScT, admit you were wrong to ban utorrent 1.6.1 and do the right thing, unban it for the benefit of your users.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Latest version of utorrent is the safest.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    maybe they havent tested anything

Quote Originally Posted by Diiyad View Post

why do some people keep repeating this

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    RevTT also has banned everything except for 1.7.6

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Please give 'utorrent 1.6.7' with the title as i don't have to read such posts.

Seriously, threads are OK. But posting without reading what's written just above him/atleast the first post is making me really annoyed.
    Unstable, it's not about your post.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    latest version utorrent1.7.6
    its safe 4 u r account

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by renwickftw View Post
    RevTT also has banned everything except for 1.7.6
    ive just noticed that 5 minutes ago.

but theres a long thread about it in their forums and lots of users are complaining, so i hope they'll reverse the ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Diiyad View Post
    im sorry, but thats just nonsense.

1.6.1 has been aorund much much longer and still has no known serious bugs. who knows what news bugs are still to be found in the more recent 1.7.6. just because a program is newer, doesnt necessarily make it safer.
    Last edited by Unstable1; 01-22-2008 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    In time they might allow it until then either use 1.7.6, a different client or don't use it in protest of the banning of 1.6.1. Your not the only one who's had to change things almost every member of the site has had to do it so your pain is felt.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    sct staff and anyone else who thinks latest is safest should read this

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-to-bt-site-staff-utorrent-161--post2598974/postcount1

(if clicking on that link doesnt work , just copy paste it )

you just cant ignore all the testing done by an experienced coder and staff
    Last edited by FatBob; 01-22-2008 at 10:58 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Necronomicon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Simply put: they don't want to unban 1.6.1. i really don't see any point in arguing. They made up their mind and despite that there was a lot of buzz about it in the forum, they won't step back. U have to live with this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast