• hit the fucker and walk

3 16.67%
  • stick it out till i can find another job

12 66.67%
  • stop moaning woman!

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CHEFS!grrrrrr

bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i started work in nov in a resturant and im unsure what to do as i hate it .the chef is a prick and shouts and swears at the staff all the time ,the other day he shouted at me and threw some plates at the wall next to me ,i shouted back and swore and told him if he carries on ill punch him in the face.i have noticed that it only seems to be at the women and not the blokes he rants at .what would you do ?should i hit the fucker annd walk out or stick it out till i find another job as i have a kid to support

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    You should read this

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...rk/DG_10026670

Specifically:

What to do if you're bullied at work

Employers have a 'duty of care' to their employees and this includes dealing with bullying at work. There are measures you can take if you're being bullied.

Get advice

Speak to someone about how you might deal with the problem informally. This might be:

* an employee representative like a trade union official
    * someone in the firms human resources department
    * your manager or supervisor

Some employers have specially trained staff to help with bullying and harassment problems theyre sometimes called 'harassment advisers'. If the bullying is affecting your health, visit your GP.
    Talk to the bully

The bullying may not be deliberate. If you can, talk to the person in question, who may not realise how their behaviour has been affecting you. Work out what to say beforehand. Describe whats been happening and why you object to it. Stay calm and be polite. If you don't want to talk to them yourself, ask someone else to do so for you.

Keep a written record or diary

Write down details of every incident and keep copies of any relevant documents.

Making a formal complaint

This is the next step if you cant solve the problem informally. To do this you must follow your employer's grievance procedure, or if one doesnt exist you can use the statutory grievance procedure.
    There are also some useful links about grievance procedures, etc.

Under no circumstance let yourself be provoked into violence against this prick.
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 01-23-2008 at 04:31 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    thanks for that

4. Lounge   -   #4
    oh sorry I thought this was serious, but I see by your poll options that it really isn't

5. Lounge   -   #5
    oh it is serious but the last option is there because i may be over reacting as i spoke to my mate and she said dnt worry thats how chefs are

6. Lounge   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    wrong, chefs should not be like that, unless you destroyed their food.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    It's the Gordon Ramsay syndrome

But I think people have a right not to be shouted and sworn at in the workplace

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    is he gay? or looks like?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Chefs aren't 'like that' any more than all plumbers are cunts all civil servants are lazy all telesales staff are thick as fuck all accountants are boring.

Some chefs just think they can get away with being obnoxious because of that gay Scotch twunt Ramsey.

Don't put up with it. The next time he goes all menstrual on you, ask him (in a loud voice) if he's only like that to over-compensate for his tiny penis.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    He's bang out of order. You could get compensations and stuff for not going to work.
    Now go away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast