Thread: Mozilla Firebird

LeonHart's Avatar Member
    I've just gotten the Firebird. Its REALLY REALLY fast. The weird thing is I didn't have to install it.

What are your thoughts on it?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    and ur point is? ive had it since it came out and dont think thats its cool that u didnt installed it cause u need to add some registry entries

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by cpumaster1@29 July 2003 - 14:25
    and ur point is? ive had it since it came out and dont think thats its cool that u didnt installed it cause u need to add some registry entries
    He just asked you how you liked it. No need to bite his head off. And for your information you dont have to add in registry entries...........lol . Just click the exe and your on your way, provided you keep all the files in the mozilla folder directory. And if anyone wants a windows installer version of firebird they are freely available at mozilla's site. The installer builds are nightly builds made by other developers outside mozilla.org and arent supported by mozilla team though.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    he obviously got a nightly build and those do need registry entry added. see this page here. the unoffiicial installers from mozilla already add them. and to make myself clear i do like it and its one of the best browsers ive seen

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    LeonHart's Avatar Member
    I did get it off of the Mozilla site. But I guess it wasn't the installer. So is it better for me to get the installer?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by cpumaster1@29 July 2003 - 20:10
    he obviously got a nightly build and those do need registry entry added. see this page here. the unoffiicial installers from mozilla already add them. and to make myself clear i do like it and its one of the best browsers ive seen
    Thats only if you havent had any mozilla browser installed on your system before. If you have any build of mozilla already on your system (doesnt have to be firebird) mozilla firebird will get the plugins by scanning from a default netscape or mozilla profile already on the system. Ive never used an installer Ive always used the zip file installation and Ive never had to apply any registry entries.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I use it on Linux. It works great and doesn't have all that crap that the regular Mozilla has.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by cpumaster1@30 July 2003 - 03:10
    he  obviously got a nightly build and those do need registry entry added.
    Wtf are you talking about? What in his post makes your statement "obvious"? In fact, he said he didn't need to install it, which is typical of an official release.

Once Phoenix hits 1.0, I believe it's supposed to be packaged in an installer.