Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are good ENGLISH video sites? / formats that give images for a DVDR?

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    So right now I'm using Tv.TORRENTS.ro, HD-bits.ro, and TTi. I'm very happy with all of them as far as torrenting, but my problem is that the forums/comments are largely not in english. When I have questions, I can't rely on the community to help me. If you have alternative site suggestions I'd appreciate it, but if not maybe you could help me with my question.

I'm looking for a place with DVD5 iso images, so I can play the video on my tv with the official menus and in pretty good quality. I'm not even really sure what formats i can download for this. I know xvid doesn't give you the dvd image, I only play those in VLC because they don't look great on my tv. There's also the .mkv files which look GREAT in VLC, but I've never tried burning those actually. I'm not sure about other formats like x264, etc...

I've used TTi to download the 4 gig files that are rar'd, because those give the iso images. I don't know what to look for for dvd images of Tv show seasons. What are all the different formats that will give me the image from the official dvd? I'm only interested in downloading movies that i can burn and watch on a dvd player, and I've been happiest with these rar's iso's

(btw if you recommend other sites, I already have scenehd, SITR, and KG, which all have movies but scenehd is more bluray, KG looks harder to maintain ratio, and uh SITR is fine i guess)

It'd be great if someone experienced in video formats could help clarify which files I should look for to get the images for use on DVD-Rs. thnx!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    If its labled DVDRIP, its a rip, not a full dvd. If its DVDr, then its the full dvd. Most dvdr will tell you if its NTSC or PAL in the title or description, so look for one of those two titles, it should specify somewhere, it has to be one or the other if its a full DVD.
    I would recommend thedvdclub for dvdr movies, and bitmetv for dvdr series.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ISO
    Video_TS
    (other image files)

Are DVDR... Well, may I say your question is pretty n00b

But, as for the answer for good DVDR sites :

Cinematik (DVDR site alike KG, mostly for arthouses/classics - Ratio easy to maintain by downloading the freebies and movie of the week... But preference is to untouched DVD, so there is alot of DVD9)

Asian DVD Club (name says it all...the absolutely best site for Asian DVDR. Mostly DVD5, but some DVD9 too. Again, there is some freebies there to boost your ratio)

TheDVDClub (More mainstream and mostly scene DVDR. Easy ratio with the freebies... and almost everything there is DVD5)

BitHQ (I'm not a member there anymore. I seem to remember it is also mostly a scene DVDR site with a large quantity of Asian DVDR. Both DVD5 and DVD9)

If not for those, pretty much all scene trackers have DVDR sections reserved to the 0day releases. The sites above are speciality trackers for DVDR only, so you find more variety.

User of the .torrent files

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    thanks guys for the tracker recommendations, I'll keep my eyes out for opportunities to get them. TTi is fine for me at the moment and I'm looking to get tv series', specifically Heroes season 1 and The Office seasons, in DVDR. Bitmetv is pretty hard to get into, is there an alternative(s) to it where I could find DVDR rips for either of those in particular, or even in general for tv iso's?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    so does anyone know where i can find a DVD5 rip of Heroes Season 1? It appears to exist:
    http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/dvd/He...lrnEjdm2wbE%3d

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    TDC has it (seven disks) but they are not freeleech so it would kill a ratio pretty quick (almost 30 gigs total)
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    So is it possible to burn a DVDR Pal to DVDR NTSC?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by torbits View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can convert it, but dont ask me how
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by torbits View Post
    most dvd players play PAL and NTSC. I don't know how you can live with a dvd player that only plays one or that other.

Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post
    TDC has it (seven disks) but they are not freeleech so it would kill a ratio pretty quick (almost 30 gigs total)
    what does tdc stand for.. I don't have it, and unless its low level then I'd probably have to look elsewhere..

10. BitTorrent   -   #10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast