Thread: Getting Nowhere Fast

Hi everyone,

I'm making coasters!
    Is there a simple easy to follow guide for idiots, working from which film types (formats?) to download, and an easy way to get them onto disk to play on a standalone DVD player?

I have a new DVD burner and a player, both good Sony models supposedly capable of DVD-R&RW and DVD+R & RW.

I have read and read and get more confused, and my pile of coasters gets ever bigger.

I have available (courtesy of Kazaa) Nero, Alcohol 120% TMPGEnc etc, but getting no-where fast.

Can anyone help please. Just try not to confuse me further>

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Check out http://www.doom9.org/ also.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    icehole#
    try DLing Nimo video pack, Ulead Movie factory and Ulead movie factory 2.Use Movie factory to encode from avi to mpg 1 or 2 using the capture video button, then open movie factory 2 to burn the mpg 1 or 2 to disc.I tried all the other programs and this seems to be working for me.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by icehole#@29 July 2003 - 23:53
    try DLing Nimo video pack, Ulead Movie factory and Ulead movie factory 2.Use Movie factory to encode from avi to mpg 1 or 2 using the capture video button, then open movie factory 2 to burn the mpg 1 or 2 to disc.I tried all the other programs and this seems to be working for me.
    Thanks, I&#39;ll give a try.

Re: www.dvdrhelp.com & doom9.org

doom seems to ban anything that might help with downloaded movies, and every help article I tried on dvdrhelp, needed at least 6-8 programmes and links for info to at least 10 other articles.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by macavoy@29 July 2003 - 21:42
    Hi everyone,

I&#39;m making coasters&#33;
    Is there a simple easy to follow guide for idiots, working from which film types (formats?) to download, and an easy way to get them onto disk to play on a standalone DVD player?

I have a new DVD burner and a player, both good Sony models supposedly capable of DVD-R&RW and DVD+R & RW.

I have read and read and get more confused, and my pile of coasters gets ever bigger.

I have available (courtesy of Kazaa) Nero, Alcohol 120% TMPGEnc etc, but getting no-where fast.

Can anyone help please. Just try not to confuse me further>
    hi ther, i use to have the same trouble as u, until a mate told me about mainconcept encoder u should give it a try its very easy to use and very fast at encoding, it will handle any fromat that u can throw at it with out no lose ov lip sink
    [COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now