Thread: Tweap Xp Pro...

Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I recently downloaded v2.08 since the package included a key/license generator.

Not only did attempting to update the software cause me problems, but after installing v2.08 and leaving it that way (not updated), the software did something rather "crazy". It kept on loading the initialization screen over and over constantly restarting the software. From the little bit I toggled with it, it proved that it "could be" a useful tool. If the damned thing would work right.

Anyone else experience problems with this application or perhaps recommend a fix?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Decent? Or just another peice of !@#$?
    Its a peice of $**t .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    What about Boost XP? Would that be of any better use?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I don't like these "tweak" proggies. It's better to take some
    time and config your xp your self. That way you'll know what you're
    doing. IMHO

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Tweak xp pro is a very good program and its all I use to clean my registry and free my ram. Just one thing you should know. Anytime you have a cracked version of something, it obviously cant be updated to a newer version unless you have an updated crack or serial as well., I use the tweak xp loader by x-brain. It works great and I dont update because they dont include hardly any new features from the one I have now so It makes no sense.

Sometimes having the latest and greatest version isnt such a good idea.

BTW, thanks again for those keys Izagaia. Hey, as a matter of fact I may still have the version of tweak xp that I use Ill have to look. All you do is install it and thats it, no cracks or registry entries to apply. If you want it them pm me.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    If you have problems with your pc i sugest Norton system works http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?sho...28919&hl=norton

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by shn@29 July 2003 - 17:16
    Tweak xp pro is a very good program and its all I use to clean my registry and free my ram. Just one thing you should know. Anytime you have a cracked version of something, it obviously cant be updated to a newer version unless you have an updated crack or serial as well., I use the tweak xp loader by x-brain. It works great and I dont update because they dont include hardly any new features from the one I have now so It makes no sense.

Sometimes having the latest and greatest version isnt such a good idea.

BTW, thanks again for those keys Izagaia. Hey, as a matter of fact I may still have the version of tweak xp that I use Ill have to look. All you do is install it and thats it, no cracks or registry entries to apply. If you want it them pm me.
    I think that I was having those problems with tweak XP because of the fact I updated it then uninstalled it after it would nolonger activate. And then re-installed the version I originally downloaded.

I am guessing that obviously something was left behind in the registry or somewhere else that I did not catch. All-in-all, before I botched-up the program with the update, it looked like decent software. I use Norton SystemWorks as my utility software, but TweakXP features several shortcuts to imbedded XP options that the average joe-user would otherwise not know of nor find at first glance. It is one of those programs that I would put up there in the StyleXP catagory- it adds a level of convenience. Not really necessary but damn skippy making XP options readily accessible from a single interface.

I think that I sent you the same key twice. I was not sure. I was having a "dumb male moment" at the time and could not remember if I had sent it originally.

Thank-you, shn. I appreciate the offer. I think that what I am going to do for now (since my registry is otherwise contaminated at the moment, from all the other cracks, I attempted to install) is reformat and re-install the OS. Start from scratch. No big deal for me since I back everything up (except my registry- doh&#39 regularly. It gives me something to do anyway. Afterwhich I will just install the version I downloaded (2.08 I think it is). If it is not a problem, I will take a raincheck on your generosity just on the happenstance it "botches" again from anymore dumb male moments... .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    I had it installed at one point, and never really used it. But I didn't have any problems with it either when I did use it.
    Seems okay.
    Most of the stuff it does can be done other ways. Through manual changes, TweakUI, etc.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    tweak xp is a very good program but the problem is that the maker of it doesnt want anyone to get a crack for it. this is why he goes to the crack sites and makes new versions. the new versions dont really have anything new exept that cracks wont work.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I agree TWEAK XP is a really nice program. It is helpful if you install it and don't try to update.

It helped me to get rid of some programs (WINDOWS MESSENGER for one.) that I could not get rid of by no other means. It helps optimize your ram and other several tweaks.

The only warning is that you ought to know what you are doing before you make tweaks involving changing the registry though. B)