I JUST BOUGHT IT!! soo excited!
Here's how much I ended up paying for it
-Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7500 (2.2GHz/800Mhz FSB, 4MB Cache)
-Windows Vista™ Home Premium Edition (my school sells vista ultimate for $15, but only 5 installations)
-3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz
-LED Display with VGA Webcam
-128MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS
-160GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) Free Fall Sensor
-Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card
-6 cell Primary Battery and 9 cell additional Lithium Ion Battery
-3Yr In-Home Service, Parts + Labor, 24x7 Phone Support
-Built-in Bluetooth capability (2.0 EDR)
-Others: 1 year lojack, no software, etc
$2,303.00 - $799 Dell Instant Savings - $150.40 (10% off XPS 1330) - $108.29 (8% off laptop with 3/4 year warranty) + free 3-5 day shipping = $1,344.89
I think I got a pretty decent deal on it.
Estimated to ship Feb. 1. Based on how fast Dell's been pumping these out recently, I'd say I'd get it late next week.
Also, I read http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3898 that the GPU goes up to 95C 30 minutes in playing Rainbow Six. Holy shit!!
I thought my E1505 w/ x1400 was hot, but that only does 75C max.
I have a few more questions:
1. I can get Vista Ultimate Upgrade from my school for $15. I just bought a m1330 with vista home premium. If I upgrade to Ultimate, will that mess up any of the drivers and software? Will Dell Media Direct still work if I upgrade to Ultimate? Can anyone tell me what I need to be careful of? What I need to do differently?
2. Also, should I decide to get XP instead, there's no more issues with the drivers like illustrated in this thread right? http://www.dellcommunity.com/support...ing&page=1
3. The CPU is EM64T according to Intel, so it is 64bit. Does dell include the 64bit or the 32bit of vista?
4. What's the difference if the OS is 32bit and the CPU is 64bit? Do I loose potential speed? Should I get a 64bit os?
5. Does anyone know what the hdd spec is? Does the m1330 use SATA 3.0GB/S or SATA ATA150?