Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Why ask for Ratio proof?

Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Thats why on top of getting ratio proofs you pm them on those respective trackers with questions like "What site am i suppose to be inviting you to". That's what really matters.
    That is a wise idea.
    I just wonder how many people take it that far.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    cocalait's Avatar Yowsa BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    most people here giveaway invites to get rep points, so that in a near future they can say they are good users who help and that have good reputation.

So, they say this thing about the ratio to trick their minds, they don't really care that much who are they inviting to. They have to see a above 1.2 ratio to say "Well, I saw this guy ratio, now let's give him the invite so I get the rep point"

Of course not everybody acts like this, it would be wrong to put everybody under the same bag, but the truth is that almost everyone thinks this way.

my $.02

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Here's my attempt... I think you could say it looks "perfect," except for the fact that the numbers don't make sense.

Yeah... unfortunately, it's easy to fake these screenshots. =/

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Looks good.

You went in and changed all the numbers to the same font. I thought of going back and doing it... but just for illustration, nah.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    You are the worse photoshopper ever. I wouldn't be surprised if it was done in paint. Its pretty easy to pick photoshop, unless done perfect, and all you need to do it get a link to there profile if you need more proof. The ratio shot is like the first part of the consideration. Obviously before you send the invite you do your final checks.

Someone invite me to fsc please

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    not only is it easy to fake a ratio pic, but what makes a member with a huge buffer a good user.

3 scenarios to follow.

1: They could have just got the account in a trade and it already had a huge buffer on it, and they are just using it to get higher up the ladder.

2: They might beg/borrow/steal a seedbox for a bit, get most of the upload on 1 torrent over 1-2 days, but have a history of 20 torrents where the rest of the torrents are way under a 1 ratio.

3: They might be a very careful cheat, so its really hard to spot for the tracker.

that to me is just some of the disadvantages of not only asking for ratio proof, but also trading/giving away invites.

What the best way to do it is though, i have no idea as i dont do giveaway or trade.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    believe it or not, none of them look perfect. Maybe thats cuz im pretty well of with photo shop but with resizing you can see some discoloration around the numbers.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    cocalait's Avatar Yowsa BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by zaa730 View Post
    believe it or not, none of them look perfect. Maybe thats cuz im pretty well of with photo shop but with resizing you can see some discoloration around the numbers.
    Everybody run, he's with the FBI

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by zaa730 View Post
    That won't help you if I was determined. That jpeg has 3% compression. I could've uploaded and posted a jpeg with absolutely no compression.

It would have no discoloration, but it'd also be like 800kb big. =/

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    NekohDot's Avatar "Designer/Producer" BT Rep: +1
    Theres also ways of editting without having to open photoshop/paint/any other photo editing app

Last edited by NekohDot; 01-27-2008 at 02:55 AM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast