Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keeping The Board Working Smoothly

Poster
    @chalkmongoose,

Could you more precisely tell us what that script will do?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@1 August 2003 - 00:21
    This thread was not meant as a place to debate whether or not the sigs and avatars are the cause of the problems with the board or the server.

It was meant as a place where we could discuss about the fact that many members are delinquent when it concerns this rule. And we need to find a better strategy in order to deal with them.
    Lets all try to do our part to keep this board running. Please fix your sigs and avatars and/or allow the moderator team to enforce the set rules without argument.
    Well, that's just a bit snotty sounding. I wasn't aware that your threads were any more exclusive than anyone elses. Your comments might be warranted if the thread had been clearly highjacked but I just don't see that here. Lighten up and enjoy the board and if something appears out of order, contact a mod to deal with it.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Poster
    If the board's bandwidth issues get reduced/dealt with, perhaps guests could be allowed back on the board (in read-only mode of course) so long as the total number of users visiting the board at that moment is less than some value.

Either that, or like most other message boards make them register to use it.
    But... that'll mean lots of 0 and 1 post 'newbies' joining every week.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Poster
    Before making overbearing comments and jumping to conclusions, balamm, you should know the facts.

I posted this thread at the request of another mod. I was asked to post it because, and I quote: "It always seems to work better if it's posted by a "regular" member." It seems to me that the mods are not talking to each other.

The mod team should get together and discuss this issue and come up with a unified answer so that one mod doesn't shoot down another mod’s efforts and confuse the hell out of board members trying to help. Talk about disgusting the members. No wonder so many good ones left.

I was under the impression that I was going to get the team's support with this. That's perhaps why I seem to sound snotty. I feel like I was left to deal with this all by myself as the members were saying thing like, sigs being oversize don't cause a problem with the server. It seems the mods have chosen also to ignore the situation concerning neotheone.

I know it has been said in the past that going slightly over the set 100KB rule would be tolerated. How much over 100 is "slightly"? (My first post tries to clarify this.)

I also just have to say it, balamm, your avatar/sig is not within the rules. As a mod, shouldn't you set an example you set for the other members?

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Ex-member
    Yes Balamm, the man has a point, you're at least 20kb over the limit...

Neotheone's signature has been edited.

Come on guys, think of the 56kers here. It takes at least 15 seconds for a 56k modem even to load 100k (which is the limit).
    Multiply that by 15 posts per page and you have 1500k, which takes nearly 4 minutes to load.
    So it's a bit antisocial to post oversized images.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Nagler
    Well said that man, come on Balaam lose the silly pics.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Nagler@1 August 2003 - 18:30
    Well said that man, come on Balaam lose the silly pics.
    It's Sir Bufton, got any more stars?

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Nagler
    No I think Bufton is still banned, serves him right. Anyway he's too busy molesting farm animals to bother with you children.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Maybe Nagler got a few stars then?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey@1 August 2003 - 14:07
    Neotheone's signature has been edited.
    It's been made bigger.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast