Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Keeping The Board Working Smoothly

Poster
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@1 August 2003 - 13:52
    Before making overbearing comments and jumping to conclusions, balamm, you should know the facts.

I posted this thread at the request of another mod. I was asked to post it because, and I quote: "It always seems to work better if it's posted by a "regular" member." It seems to me that the mods are not talking to each other.

The mod team should get together and discuss this issue and come up with a unified answer so that one mod doesn't shoot down another mod’s efforts and confuse the hell out of board members trying to help. Talk about disgusting the members. No wonder so many good ones left.

I was under the impression that I was going to get the team's support with this. That's perhaps why I seem to sound snotty. I feel like I was left to deal with this all by myself as the members were saying thing like, sigs being oversize don't cause a problem with the server. It seems the mods have chosen also to ignore the situation concerning neotheone.

I know it has been said in the past that going slightly over the set 100KB rule would be tolerated. How much over 100 is "slightly"? (My first post tries to clarify this.)

I also just have to say it, balamm, your avatar/sig is not within the rules. As a mod, shouldn't you set an example you set for the other members?
    The facts are that you've been anal about your threads in the past

So, I've done my part "for the board". Where's your's?

The mod team should get together and discuss this issue
    Another good point. This appointment seems a bit unilateral.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Rumbum
    You tell him, your posts are never anal Balaam, if anything you could do with a bit more sphincter control to cut down on your verbal diarrhea.
    You do more than your share on this forum Balaam so bend and break as many rules as you wish( I like your silly pictures really, a touch of class ).

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Rumbum@2 August 2003 - 12:19
    You tell him, your posts are never anal Balaam, if anything you could do with a bit more sphincter control to cut down on your verbal diarrhea.
    Look who is talking!

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Poster
    weel, it looks like rumbut still doesn't like it here.

Not my decision this time really, that decision was made earlier by the rest of the mods. Looks like you'l be away for a while again.

Bye.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by balamm@ 2 August 2003 - 00:32
    The facts are that you've been anal about your threads in the past

While 'Somebody1234' sometimes does come across a little pedantic, more often he is going out of his way to help other members. Balamm, however, seems to me to have a slight attitude problem. To often i've read him being sarcastic, dismissive and even just plain rude to other posters - particularly newcomers.

Unlike all other members of the mod team, who post with maturity and intelligence, Balamm seem to be enjoying his 'status' on the board a little to much.

On topic. I agree that sigs need to be a sensible size, but only to reduce the loading time for slow connections. I don't see how that will make any difference to the smooth workings of the board.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Nagler
    Well said my haggis chomping buddy. Face facts Balamm youre an obnoxious little jobsworth. You cause more friction on this forum than anyone else Balamm, including me.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    This might help you Nagler, a very helpful meditation

However, there is a basic practice which is suitable for everyone bacause it is so simple. Being simple, it is deep and beneficial; benificial because its simplicity means there will be few mistakes. We begin with loving-kindness, working at the level of our present understanding and with our present conception of the world, by trying to imagine the nicest, purest form of happiness we know. This will vary from person to person but it does not matter we just think of the very best thing and as soon as we have formed it in the imagination we share it with all beings, praying that they may have this happiness equally. Not to think of ourselves but just about others, wishing them this relative happiness we think so nice. this is the first step. It makes little sense in the ultimate but it is, on our level, a start.

The next step is to call to mind any friend or acquaintence who is happier or better off than we are and just try to be happy for them. appreciate their achievement. Think of friends first because it is easier. Then do the same, but for someone who is not so close to us. When we can do this we move on to someone who is not very kind to us and try to appreciate, pray for, their happiness. Then progress to someone who is really cruel to us, who really hates us and finally to someone that we really hate. If they hate us, it is minor; if we hate them it is major because our hatred makes things very hard -there are many strong feelings to overcome

You see that my solution requires a change in the way you think. You need to work on yourself Nagler.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Yet again...started of good and degenerated.

Sorry Somebody1234.

****Closed****

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234