Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Peer Guardian really work?

Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    about 5 years ago my isp shut off my internet for sharing freddy vs jason on edonkey or kazaa, not sure which, shortly after that i made the switch to downloading 99% stuff from torrents, but i also started using pg or protowall from there on out and haven't had my internet shut off.

As for using ipfilter or pg, the lists come from essentially the same place and you can set either list to bock educational ips or not.

As for it hurting small trackers, i know my ip right now is on the list as a few trackers run ipfilters to even get on the website and i can't access them. I could fill out a form and tried to get it unblocked by bluetack, just haven't felt like it yet.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    about 5 years ago my isp shut off my internet for sharing freddy vs jason on edonkey or kazaa, not sure which, shortly after that i made the switch to downloading 99% stuff from torrents, but i also started using pg or protowall from there on out and haven't had my internet shut off.

As for using ipfilter or pg, the lists come from essentially the same place and you can set either list to bock educational ips or not.

As for it hurting small trackers, i know my ip right now is on the list as a few trackers run ipfilters to even get on the website and i can't access them. I could fill out a form and tried to get it unblocked by bluetack, just haven't felt like it yet.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    parky's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Been downloading everyday for the last 5 years and no anti-p2p has ever contacted me.
    Have there ever been any cases in the uk of anyone getted sued for downloading copyright material?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by parky View Post
    Been downloading everyday for the last 5 years and no anti-p2p has ever contacted me.
    Have there ever been any cases in the uk of anyone getted sued for downloading copyright material?
    if they catch someone for downloading copyright material,then they will go after your ISP not for u(we are small fish)and then your ISP will tell u what have u done and then u must quite with downloading..

i dunno abouth UK but there was few cases in world before when they have catch some people but nothing to worry abouth tho

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    So your ISP tells you to quit downloading
    okay
    What if you switch providers? Can you start downloading again until you get a warning from them too?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdemon View Post
    So your ISP tells you to quit downloading
    okay
    What if you switch providers? Can you start downloading again until you get a warning from them too?
    of course u can switch to another ISP and keep downloading as before,but there are small chance if non that u will get any warning for ISP..

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by parky View Post
    if they catch someone for downloading copyright material,then they will go after your ISP not for u(we are small fish)and then your ISP will tell u what have u done and then u must quite with downloading..

i dunno abouth UK but there was few cases in world before when they have catch some people but nothing to worry abouth tho
    I have heard something like that is happening in France.
    Dont know how that kind of system is really functioning, but I dont like the sound of it...
    This bittorent world is beautiful and it would be quite a shock to loose it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12