Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonus points

I like bonus points. I don't think people should be penalized for seeding a torrent if no one else downloads it. There should just be a minimum for hit and running to go along with it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    About capping speed usually a good mod can kind of tell when thats happening... such as you have 0:00 ratio and ten people have dld and finished the torrent after you have... Kind of is suspicious.

As for bonus points I think they are good for a number of reasons. One is encouraging folks to seed longer even if no one has leeched from them they can get the credit for seeding. Also a good way for a member to welcome new users by gifting them with some for upload credit. Also a good way to get members active on Forums and be part of the community. Not that everyone wants that I know

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    All the same, it can easily done like ST does, with the bonus points depending on whether you are transferring data or not, and depending on how many torrents you seed (with a max of course)

Someone invite me to fsc please

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    It can be easily done but as I said an alert staff member can see and do math most of the time

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
    Because its lets people cap there line to 1KBps, and collect up all those bonus points, and get upload bonus.
    ...unless there is a progressive speed-related bonus like there is at stmusic, so far the best system i have seen (heard BCG has a similar approach).
    It keeps them alive for longer, more seeded torrents, and i am not afraid of downloading old stuff. as for old stuff, speeds aren't an issue for me.

i use stmusic as my primary music site exactly due to that system.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownWren View Post
    About capping speed usually a good mod can kind of tell when thats happening... such as you have 0:00 ratio and ten people have dld and finished the torrent after you have... Kind of is suspicious.

As for bonus points I think they are good for a number of reasons. One is encouraging folks to seed longer even if no one has leeched from them they can get the credit for seeding. Also a good way for a member to welcome new users by gifting them with some for upload credit. Also a good way to get members active on Forums and be part of the community. Not that everyone wants that I know
    Uploading 100mb at maybe 10KBps, when you have a 80KBps line, and you cap it, it is hard for the staff member to really see this. Because figuring out S/L ratios, maybe drain on there bandwidth, other torrents they are using, are near impossible to see whether its someone with a cramped line or someone who is capping. I mean you can't as a staff member go and say your not uploading fast enough, take this warning, because that would go against everything.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    True but you can do some checking and watching... and if it appears to happen on more than one file ... then you can question further.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    share for better
    bonus are always help to those having low upload speed or without seedbox even there are few generous guys who use such bonus to boost other user's UL ratio .

but I do feel some site with low seed must have something like bonus to help leechers to build ratio

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownWren View Post
    True but you can do some checking and watching... and if it appears to happen on more than one file ... then you can question further.
    All the same you don't have to be too clever to exploit the system. So no site take that kind of risk. Even FTN had a lot of trouble with the ratio free system, making sure people didn't cap there lines, or do things like download, and seed it later, when the leeches have died down.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    vinhkhang01's Avatar XP BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Bonus is always good for users. That's why it is called BONUS.
    For site owner, it could be bad or good depending how it's applied.
    As a site owner, you want more people to use your site right. It encourages people to seed longer and keep older files staying alive longer. I think it does more good than harm even in the point of view for owners.
    *** I Love Sharing & Helping Other People ***

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast