Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bonus points

fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by ktasera View Post
    I'm wondering what people think about bonus points on trackers. I ask because bit-hdtv just changed their rules for buying upload credits with bonus points to be a bit more strict, so I was thinking about it. Do you think bonus points encourage people to upload? Make it easier for people with slow upload to have a good ratio? In general, how do you think a bonus system contributes to the success of a site?
    well yea i think bonus system if good if site want to have more active torrent on tracker and by bonus system they encourage to people to seed or stay as much as possible..of course that bonus system also help people with slower connection

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Hmph, what bonus?? In majority of the trackers, there needs to be hours and hours of seeding to get 1 GB...

But, its free, so whatever...

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    depends on the type of bonus.

we tried the karma bonus where members would get points for thankyous/comments/forum posts. lets just say it lasted 30 minutes before we turned it off.

and regarding the limiting of uploads, and going back to it later, you will always get members that find away around everything, thats just human nature, doesnt matter what we put in place to help them, some will take the piss.

But we find that having it as 100meg for 1 point, its actually quicker to upload then to sit around waiting for no leechers, especially if you take the 72 hours seeding time into consideration as well.

I know our system isnt perfect, but its the best we can come up with for now, im pretty sure it will change again though if we spot any flaws in it (its already been changed 3 times now because of a few bad apples)

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    DyNast's Avatar What's My Age Again? BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I like bonus systems for a few reasons:
    1) I like when I can buy some GBs\invitations or whatever I can with the bonus points... after all, I get them for doing something I need to do anyway (seeding... OK, some trackers also have this bonuses for IRC idling, but you get my point)

2) It motivates people to keep on seeding which means that there are more seeders, usually, in this kinds of trackers (theoretically, there's no way I can prove such a thing except with common sense)

EDIT:
    Damn! I was too gready and didn't exchange my bit-hdtv bonus points on time, and now there's nothing I can really do with my 1k bonus points ;(...
    I could have gotten a few nice GBs

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Bonus points are great, really encourage seeding even when there aren't many leechers.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Long John Silver

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
    Because its lets people cap there line to 1KBps, and collect up all those bonus points, and get upload bonus.
    Well...some trackers cap the bonus pts too e.g. uploading at less than 20 kbps you only get 0.05 bp/hr. So to cap the torrent at 1 kbps woudl take 20 hrs to get 1 bonus pt

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    that has its drawbacks though.

0 leechers

1000 seeders 1-10 leechers

not everyone could upload anything in that scenario, which is why we dont do it like that.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    mera's Avatar Member BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Anything that gives you an option is a good IMO.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
    Because its lets people cap there line to 1KBps, and collect up all those bonus points, and get upload bonus.
    Well...some trackers cap the bonus pts too e.g. uploading at less than 20 kbps you only get 0.05 bp/hr. So to cap the torrent at 1 kbps woudl take 20 hrs to get 1 bonus pt
    yea that is also true

but what pandabear said yea that is also happening that people cap they line to 1kB/s but that can be very easy to fix, for example on DarkSide u need to seed more that 10 kB/s to get bonus point and that would fix the problem..

but the bad thing there is if u seed there but no leechers u will not get any bonus

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Giveaway's Avatar Senior Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i think they are ok
    implement them
    just do giveaways and help who deserves

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123