Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonus points

I'm wondering what people think about bonus points on trackers. I ask because bit-hdtv just changed their rules for buying upload credits with bonus points to be a bit more strict, so I was thinking about it. Do you think bonus points encourage people to upload? Make it easier for people with slow upload to have a good ratio? In general, how do you think a bonus system contributes to the success of a site?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Computer Scientist BT Rep: +1
    i think bonus points are good, why is getting a bonus ever bad....
    just a guy who doesn't like to pay for movies....or video games...or software...or television...or music...you know, just like everyone else!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Theres quite a few different ways bonus points work , some help you buy credit some just help you keep a ratio if you could not upload fully on that one torrent on the site that requiers you to upload in full on each torrent,

I think it's a great idea it makes people want to seed to achieve the next user level meaning more seeding keeping torrents around longer.

Some you use the system of points for user to make requests.

All around it a fun way to keep the site going and is unique

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    They encourage more downloading, not really less uploading. Users with a small bandwidth wouldn't be able upload a lot anyways, but this way they can download more, increasing overall traffic on the tracker.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    And more importantly, the system keep the rare and older torrents alive; more people will be willing to download them, knowing that all they need is keep them active in the client and earn seeding bonus from them.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    bonus systems are awesome, it makes a torrent like a little economy. the karma systems on F*N and i*S are brilliant.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I think it's good, it helps people with not the best connections. and it makes ppl seed more

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Because its lets people cap there line to 1KBps, and collect up all those bonus points, and get upload bonus.

Someone invite me to fsc please

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Bonus system is a must on certain trackers like HD trackers where files are big and not everyone can seed back.
    It depends on how the bonus system is setup and how hard earning points is really
    If lot of trackers incorporate it, it would be very helpful to people with low speed upload at least for old torrents
    Last edited by fazzy07; 01-28-2008 at 04:22 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
    Because its lets people cap there line to 1KBps, and collect up all those bonus points, and get upload bonus.
    That was the reason why What shot down the idea. I think that there are ways to go about getting around that problem. I am sure those tackers that use the system are aware of such problem and must have some form of solution to it to make the system workable and fair.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast