Thread: Any DNS experts that can help me out?

grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Hi guys i'm having problems accessing sites like Brokenstones, PWT, Flower, Bootytorrents basically sites with the ip range 124.000.000.000. (Thats obviously a fake ip address.) but every site i mentioned above has an ip range starting with 124 etc. I tried flushing my DNS cache, disabling network pipeline settings in Firefox, using winsock fix 1.2 for xp, downloading and installing tree dns walk, also installed dns lookup 0.8 and tried to resolve dns, did a ping, TraceRT,

* * * Error: Error due to lack of resources. on steps 19-20.

If anybody can help me or decipher any of this please feel free to pm me or reply in here.

Looks like my isp may have banned a range of ip addresses. Still not sure yet though. can't connect to extremebits.org either which starts with the ip range 124. If someone can really offer up some constructive advice i could use really use it. My isp technical support was zero help! Wonder why i even pay $125 a month for isp service, and cannot get any help from my own isp provider. But the'll take your money in a heartbeat without any problems...

OpenDNS didn't work either.

Also did a safe boot in firefox by running firefox -safe-mode in the run prompt.
    Last edited by grimms; 01-28-2008 at 07:33 PM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    styles's Avatar Over you BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I have suffered the same problem few weeks ago,TTi and SceneHD both didn't work for me,I tryed every way that I knew,and asked my friend here,still can't find a way out.I can't even connect their tracker,utorrent said:host-name not found,I thought such things happen mostly cause ISP limited.Now I have to go their homepage by proxy and use proxy server to connect their tracker.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I don't want to have to use a proxy server to access sites. I never had this problem until about 3 days ago. I even re-configured my firewall mcafee. uniunstall anything that i think could block access to site and ip addresses. I don't use PG. I don't use hide ip platinum. I'm lost now. My ISP RCN is outsourced and they don't know how to help. I'm completely befuddled.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Hmm brokenstones and extremebits are hosted in malaysia at the same host. But i can access brokenstones without any problems, the rest are time out.

There could be a possibility that they banned your ip range

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Ive talked to the staff of one of the sites he is having problems with, and they havent banned any ip ranges.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by yozshura View Post
    Hmm brokenstones and extremebits are hosted in malaysia at the same host. But i can access brokenstones without any problems, the rest are time out.

There could be a possibility that they banned your ip range
    Are you able log on to extremebits.org

edit: Just got off the phone with my isp. Had a nice chat with the network supervisor. They said could be an issue with the sites data center. Also they said some users may not even have a problem at all depending where they live and what network their on or in. They told me to wait three days to see if the issue sorts itself out. I guess I have no choice, but to be patient.
    Last edited by grimms; 01-28-2008 at 10:54 PM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!