Thread: No Demonoid Remakes

SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think I know why there aren't and never will be any other torrent websites like demonoid.

Why? Because private trackers are being way too selfish. It's pretty much impossible for a torrent from ScT, FSC, FTN, iTS or TL will ever get leaked because some of these places forbid people from posting their name in public places... Demonoid was full of people who did nothing but SHARE their torrents and their stuff. Don't think the interwebz has the capacity to do that anymore.

Well, for the elite torrenters, they have no worries cuz they are part of every private tracker. RIP Demonoid!! lol

I thought this thread was a good idea at first, now it seems kind of complainy, I'll post it anyway.
    o hai

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Sharing is caring. As a community, it is important to share more with others. However, people are at risk now, so sites must take precautions.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    demonoid was basically a public tracker.. anyone could download the torrents, except the really new ones (3 day rule or something)

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    People aren't at more risk now than they were 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    demonoid was basically a public tracker.. anyone could download the torrents, except the really new ones (3 day rule or something)
    I'm just saying it was HUGE! It had tons of members and it was a 1 week rule. Most guests would sign up (get invited because invites weren't rare) and upload their own stuff and it would continue to grow.
    o hai

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Do you know how much hardware would be needed to run a big public site?

Private trackers allow us to control our hardware costs by limiting the number of users.
    A public tracker has to keep up with the number of peers, or become unusable. If you don't have some financial backing, it's not going to work.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Isn't that what donations are for? If the site was popular like Demonoid, server and hardware costs were the least of their worries.
    o hai

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    r.i.p demonoid. welcome newsgroups.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rvt View Post
    Do you know how much hardware would be needed to run a big public site?

Private trackers allow us to control our hardware costs by limiting the number of users.
    A public tracker has to keep up with the number of peers, or become unusable. If you don't have some financial backing, it's not going to work.
    You can show ads, so each user's click will give you some money back.