Thread: Nero Question

Burn VCD movies downloaded from high quality files on K-Lite 2.4.1. with latest Nero (5.5.41 I think) version and watch on my DVD (Panasonic L-50). Movies are watchable, but quality varies and it could be A LOT better. Picture sometimes freezes for a second throughout the film, some "pixilation", etc.

Last time I checked there were 98,000 different versions of Nero (Burning rom, Enterprise Express, etc) to choose from. What version should I use and what should I have the settings set to for best viewing results?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    if they are high quality files, you could try reducing the recording speed, to maybe around 8x or 4x, as they recommend doing this when creating quality audio cd's, so i imagine the same theory holds for recording vcds. Watch the vcd on your pc and check the quality on that, if it's much better than on your dvd player then i guess the fault lies there.

the latest nero is version 6.0.0.9. i think it has a new burning engine, and they've certainly made it easier to use. some people have had a few problems with it though. it's available as a free demo from Nero, 30 days i think, but i'm sure you could find a way around that . make sure you uninstall version 5 completely before install of version 6 if you go ahead with it.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Just get the newest version of Nero 6 Ultra Edtion

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    1st - FYI.

2nd - As they said, lower burn speed, I use 8x for movies. I prefer svcd over vcd, moving to Movieworld. B)
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by the_faceman@30 July 2003 - 16:00
    the latest nero is version 6.0.0.9. make sure you uninstall version 5 completely before install of version 6 if you go ahead with it.
    Thanks (and sorry to everyone for putting this under the wrong topic ). As to uninstalling Nero 5 before upgrading to 6, are you sure? Any upgrade I've done before has been done "over" the preexisting level and it just updated what was already there. Are you sure about this?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Also, when you all say to upgrade to Nero 6 Ultimate Edition there are FOUR packages to choose from(http://www.nero.com/us/631940677298374.php). If I'm ONLY burning VCD's do I need all. If not, which shouldn't I use? Thanks.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by robnyt@30 July 2003 - 19:44
    Also, when you all say to upgrade to Nero 6 Ultimate Edition there are FOUR packages to choose from(http://www.nero.com/us/631940677298374.php). If I'm ONLY burning VCD's do I need all. If not, which shouldn't I use? Thanks.
    get all 4 i did you never know when you need the others

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Originally posted by robnyt@30 July 2003 - 19:08
    As to uninstalling Nero 5 before upgrading to 6, are you sure? Any upgrade I've done before has been done "over" the preexisting level and it just updated what was already there. Are you sure about this?
    Thanks. Any thoughts on this?

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Dont use nero to convert, and if you want quality you want SVCD, not vcd. there is an easy guide in my sig on how to do this, quick and easy. Or DVDrhelp.com, you are not gonna be able to keep the quality of the original on a cd-r, you would have to do it as an XSVCD, but the bitrate becomes to high to fit any amount of vidoe on a cdr.