Thread: Vice City Help Please!

hey,
    alright i got the two bin files off kazaa.... FLT-VCA and FLT-VCB.... and i extracted the first bin file and hit setup.... everything goes well ... asks for me the installation location..and everything.... then like a third of the wa into installing... it gives me a catastrophic failure... and install wizard shuts down..... any way to fix this?????
    could it be that i have to put it on a cd first?????

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    You should check both .bins with CDMage,for errors.

Kazaa is notorious for corrupt image files.

3. Games   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Hey numnuts there's already a Vice City Q&A THREAD USE IT!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by N£MO@30 July 2003 - 16:55

Yeah, if you want to get games then use either eMule, eMule Plus or Shareaza. They have built-in ICH (Intelligent Corruption Handling) which ensures that if it downloads a corrupt fragment of a file, it re-downloads it.

KaZaA has a high chance of corrupting CD images.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Amarjit+30 July 2003 - 14:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Amarjit @ 30 July 2003 - 14:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-N£MO@30 July 2003 - 16:55

Yeah, if you want to get games then use either eMule, eMule Plus or Shareaza. They have built-in ICH (Intelligent Corruption Handling) which ensures that if it downloads a corrupt fragment of a file, it re-downloads it.

KaZaA has a high chance of corrupting CD images. [/b][/quote]
    But if you can redownload the corrupt sectors with KCF, you don&#39;t need to put up with eMule/eDonkey/Shareaza&#39;s slowness.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Yes, but it&#39;s better to fix the download as you are downloading, on beforehand, only to be sorry later, to find an unrepairable error ...

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    Unrepairable? In my experiences, very few errors are unrepairable, and if you take the time to check your files for problems & fix them before burning, you won&#39;t be sorry later. But if you prefer eMule over Kazaa, go ahead and use it. I still prefer Kazaa for it&#39;s speed, although I have been using eMule lately for albums & rare files.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.