Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm thinking about upgrading my Roadrunner connection...

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Right now I'm on the standard plan (5m down/768k up) and for $15 more, I plan on upgrading to the Turbo package (10m down/2m up). I was wondering, does anyone have any experience with this plan? Right now, my real upload max is about 46 kB/sec, or 368 kbps (FAR below the advertised speed). I'm curious as to what kind of throughput speeds to actually expect.

Thanks for any input.

Edit: It's on the BT forum because that's what I'd mainly use the higher speeds for
    Last edited by Stevis; 01-30-2008 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Postscript.
    Sig goes here.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I use roadrunner too and was thinking the same thing but in my area max upload is only 1mb. You say you use it mainly for torrenting and want better speeds those extra $15 put that towards a seedbox and watch your ratios grow better than they would with the roadrunner turbo. Thats just my opinion it would be money better spent. Also keep your fingers crossed that Time Warner doesn't start charging by what we use because we will both be screwed.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    As weird as it sounds, I really have no interest in seedboxes =\

And I believe the tiered pricing will only be a test for introductory subscribers (for now at least :| )
    Sig goes here.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    i myself have rr max plan though i am waiting for verzion FiOS to come to my area. Also i was reading the news afew days ago and comcast is supposed to come up with a 100 - 200 mbit plans by 2009 to compete with verzion. FYI

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Man, I would LOVE to have FiOS. It's out of the question right now though, since my city is a relatively small market and I think I'll have moved to Phoenix for college by the time we'd get it here. I know it's available in Phoenix though, so that's something to look forward to eventually
    Sig goes here.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    2009 is a long wait though

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevis View Post
    Right now I'm on the standard plan (5m down/768k up) and for $15 more, I plan on upgrading to the Turbo package (10m down/2m up). I was wondering, does anyone have any experience with this plan? Right now, my real upload max is about 46 kB/sec, or 368 kbps (FAR below the advertised speed). I'm curious as to what kind of throughput speeds to actually expect.

Thanks for any input.

Edit: It's on the BT forum because that's what I'd mainly use the higher speeds for
    Still a better "Deal" than the West Coast.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I'm pretty close to the West Coast, if that counts
    Sig goes here.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    from wat i heard they are already working on FiOS here where i live on da lower east coast Ima go and register a company name to be able to get a 100 / 100 line for bout $180 which imo is cheaper than a T1 and having a business line form RR bout $300 + for 10 mbit down and 3 mbit up or w/e it is

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    O_O

It's $60/month for 10 down/2 up here. You're getting ripped off!
    Sig goes here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast