Thread: Adobe Photoshop Install Help

hi
    just finished downloading ADOBE PHOTOSHOP 7.0 from suprnova-its a 160mb file and all i get when i attempt to open it is a small MS DOS prompt like screen which comes up and vanishes immediatly.

TYPE OF FILE: APPLICATION
    DESCRIPTION: Adobe Photoshop 7.0, with serial
    SIZE: 9.62 MB (10,092,544 bytes)
    SIZE ON DISK: 9.62 MB (10,092,544 bytes)

any help which enables me to install this program and get it working would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    ace

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    You have enough available memory on it's scratch disk for the application to run? The default configuration is set to consuming 50% of whatever you have on hand.

I received this same result from another peice of software I tried installing. Someone suggested that I needed to use Nero because it was an ISO file.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    The common 160mb version (if Irecall) is a self-extracting zip file. It should unzip to a folder containing the installer.
    It sounds like you've got either a patch program, or a fake, possibly virus. Did you virus scan it before anything?
    In the details you posted, the file is described as being 9.62 mb. Surely that should ring alarm bells!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    What OS do you have? It could be that you have Win 95 which is based on Fat16 and Adobe needs Fat32/NTFS.