Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do I need S*T or other?

angryghost's Avatar Get In Ma BELLY! BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Your pretty much set, scc for the pre's tl/revtt for content. Theres no real need for SCT, the only thing they would lack to SCT would be packs... but otherwise you will be fine.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
    ScT is way too much of a hassle to be a main site. Ratios are impossible to keep without rss etc. You will be fine with TL/Revott/scc. TL and revott are dead easy to keep a ratio, and scc is always good when you are waiting for you favourite tv show, and want it as fast as possible.
    Not really. I find that SCT manages to work out well as a main site or at least a significant portion of what I upload and download. Then again I have a pretty nice connection going.

For the regular user? You won't notice the speed increase because you can probably max yourself out on other websites. Just because it CAN be faster doesn't mean it WILL be faster, and that's ultimately on you. What you have at SCT is an interesting case: a significant amount of data transferred is nothing but servers relaying data to other servers.

Honestly I don't understand why people don't just set up a ratioless site that requires you to have a seedbox, it'd work about the same.
    Ask me about my self-esteem!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    What what exactly is better about SCT?, is it really not worth it, or are they're just alot of non-members claiming as such.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    If you have SCC, Sct is nothing but redundant. Honestly I use SCC alot more. SCT is nice and has some good backs, but it is harder to seed at and not worth begging for an invite. Like someone else said, if it is offered to you as a gift take it, but if you are not a collector dont waste your time going after it.

Dont get me wrong, it is a great site, with great speeds and pretimes, but there are others out there just as good

SCC ftw

Jon

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny81985 View Post
    If you have SCC, Sct is nothing but redundant. Honestly I use SCC alot more. SCT is nice and has some good backs, but it is harder to seed at and not worth begging for an invite. Like someone else said, if it is offered to you as a gift take it, but if you are not a collector dont waste your time going after it.

Dont get me wrong, it is a great site, with great speeds and pretimes, but there are others out there just as good

SCC ftw

Jon
    Dont start comparing trackers

ScT is not a must but its really good. They got more content then both scc and TL combined

As for seeding and keeping ratios, it can be tough if you dont have patience. Sometimes it takes me months to seed back on sct but I was able to keep good ratio with 50kbps home upload.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerse View Post
    What what exactly is better about SCT?, is it really not worth it, or are they're just alot of non-members claiming as such.
    hehe wrong,ScT is one of the fastest tracker ever with probably best pretime on net and they have everything new every few min. new torrent is uploaded..

but the problem is for some since that site probably have the biggest base of SB(seedboxes) and its not that easy to keep good ratio..but thank god since they give invites to PU and above more people have join and that also mean better situacion then before..

they also have new feature called *75% download*

if u download torrent that is big let say 4GB on your total download will only bee added 3GB and that is forever

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    get s*t, it wouldn't hurt to have more tracker would it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123