Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hacking CoD 4 (Level 55)

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I love CoD4 but have become quite bothered with a couple of the challenges so I decided to seek out a hack. I was able to get 46 of the challenges completed on my own but couldn't be bothered to get the rest.

I do not recommend doing this if you haven't done a considerable amount of the challenges on your own or you're going to take away a great part of the game.

Anyhow, here goes...

============================

I tried all the YouTube tutorials but to no avail, as well as another tutorial I found but neither allowed me to successfully hack the ranks. I took what seemed appropriate from the two and fiddled around and I got it to work. Here's what I did:

1. Go here and download the "mpdata" file - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AGZQZGLN

2. Go to your "players" folder and copy it to a location outside of your Call of Duty directory. (i.e. - My Documents). This will be your backup copy just in case you screw up. Default location for the "players" folder is C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare/

3. Open the Start Menu and click "Run".

4. Type "regedit" and click OK.

5. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Activision > Call of Duty 4

6. Look to the right box and you'll see the second row is your "codkey". Right-click and select "Modify". Now enter DL2J8PY44Q22GE4888D2 as your new key.

7. Click OK and exit Regedit.

8. Navigate back the original "players" folder again and inside it you'll find your profiles. Open the one you want to upgrade and delete everything inside of it. (Make sure that you have completed step #2 first!)

9. Move the "mpdata" file that you downloaded earlier into the now empty folder.

10. Open CoD4. (You may need to reset some settings such the display resolution, etc.)

11. In the game, go to Options > Multiplayer Options > Enter Key Code and re-enter your key that came with your game.

12. I've read in a couple of places that you will need to play for at least 20 minutes before exiting the game, so I played for around 25 minutes. Not sure if it's necessary though.

13. Enjoy!

yo

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    hey, had u unlocked any of the golden guns before you did this?
    so far i have only the golden deagle and the challenges to get the other ones are yet a bit out of reach...
    yes, i already have most of the challenges done.

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    hey, had u unlocked any of the golden guns before you did this?
    so far i have only the golden deagle and the challenges to get the other ones are yet a bit out of reach...
    yes, i already have most of the challenges done.
    Nope. I didn't even know about any golden guns prior to doing this.

This hack did unlock them though.

yo

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #4
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I don't get it.

Is this for multiplayer with bots.

I didn't see any challenges.
    Now go away.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You must not have played the game. Multiplayer, that is...

All players start out with the very basic weapons and must complete different challenges that will unlock different weapons and abilities. That can take a lot of game play to complete.

This promotes you to a full 5 Star General as if you'd already completed to the challenges.

yo

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #6
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    So can you play MP with bots?
    Now go away.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Don't know what a "bot" is so I'm not sure, though this hack has nothing to do with any "bots".
    Last edited by Skizo; 02-02-2008 at 08:16 AM.

yo

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #8
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS View Post
    So can you play MP with bots?
    no mate, as far as i know only CS and CSS allow bots.

this is the most intense mp game i ever played.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #9
    So wait a minute.....you guys paid for the game.
    Now go away.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    So wait a minute.....you guys paid for the game.
    I always buy the CoD games.... it's well worth it for the MP.

But I did shop around and got from a fellow on Craigslist for $35 er somethin.

yo

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast