Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just got a seedbox, now what?

BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I decided not to sign the contract after I receieved a poor response from the seller to my initial questions.
    I looked into another one and I don't like the idea of signing up for 3 months right now and I think the RAM & HD are too low for what I usually do.

But thanks for the help.

Maybe someone could help me find a good host for my needs. I would like to be able to upload at 2MB+ and I'm in NY, so who should I check out? How much HD space should I get, 50GB+? What about RAM?
    Plus, I'm a n00b so I don't know if I need a dedicated server or if I could get something cheaper?
    Last edited by dunson; 02-08-2008 at 02:55 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    What is your budget ? If it's over 80 bucks then a dedicated server is affordable, a celeron 2G with 512Mb ram is the standard. If it's under $50 then go for a VPS.

An advantage of VPS is the RAID10 of the host machine, a raid array is far superior than a normal SATA on a dedicated box. But only reputable providers could offer host machines with raid10.

I recommend you to go to webhostingtalk.com. That place for hosting is like FST for file sharing, you can find reviews of many hosting providers there.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    What you should get all depends on what your using it for and where your using it at. Ultimately you need to do some research otherwise you'll end up over paying and not getting a decent amount of use for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12