Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Want to start with Linux...

I started with ubuntu. Since then I have been using it without any problem. Have no idea about other distro . I would highly recommend to start with ubuntu. verry easy to install applications and easy to configure.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    I'd recommend Ubuntu too. But if you're just looking to fiddle about, try running it in under VMWare for a while. You can try the desktop or server versions, running full installs or you could download and run a pre-built appliance. You can also try the cut down JeOS version that is designed to run a server edition inside a virtual environment:

http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whati...eredition/jeos

Going down the VMWare path allows you to bugger it up a few times and start again without too much hassle.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by misteg; 11-18-2008 at 03:26 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I bet he's been waiting since february, just to hear that checking up on this thread ever so often

Or not.

And also: DSL and/or knoppix ftw.
    Last edited by Snee; 11-21-2008 at 11:19 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    just safe.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Lucifer9999's Avatar torrentdevil BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    i dislike ubuntu very much!!! there are a lot of reasons for that!!! i would recommand for the beginners mandriva fedora or opensuse!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234