Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Use your real nick

Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by jericospeedy View Post
    FatBob, I'm already a member of x264, and I use the same nick.
    Just wait until one of the fuckup admins there see this then. You can't even reason with them. The one that banned me (because of the same nick here and there) even had the nerve to offer me an invite to join again if I deleted my account here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I use same nick here and some other private trackers and didnt had much problem accept that one incidence with SCC but its better if you have different nicks as some tracker staff are plain idiots who think everyone is lunatic like them

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jericospeedy View Post
    FatBob, I'm already a member of x264, and I use the same nick.
    Just wait until one of the fuckup admins there see this then. You can't even reason with them. The one that banned me (because of the same nick here and there) even had the nerve to offer me an invite to join again if I deleted my account here.
    lol

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I thought about changing my nick here to my preferred nick on sites, but after that x264 incident, no way even if I am sure none of the top sites will do this.

It's simply creating unnecessary headaches doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I usually have the same nick cause I can't remember the passwords let alone the user names . I format a lot to try different XP configs so its easier to use the same one .

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    same nick here

but sometime it generates unwanted attention

@OP, speed....of light?
    Last edited by squirr3l; 02-02-2008 at 05:24 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    same nick here

but sometime same nick gets unwanted attention

Or its already in use , I'm thinking what not possible . I try to use the same avatar when I can too .

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    same nick here

but sometime same nick gets unwanted attention

Or its already in use , I'm thinking what not possible . I try to use the same avatar when I can too .
    never had that problem

but it would suck to see someone walk around with my nick

coz i would have to share w/e reputation he generates using my nick

beside, if u use same nick, you can just get banned simply because a staffer noticed u are FST member , based on rumor or even worst for absolutely nothing

Meanwhile, say someone hates u from FST and notices u over some other tracker....he will always have something bad to say about u...and the sucking part is u dunno who is he coz he is using different nick over there

The best part of using same nick is over closed community. When u are new, u get bunch of welcome pms from friends which is sexay

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    i've thought about it, but i've read about many who had their accounts disabled at some trackers just because they were members in FST (people I trust, like Blue_Skies, so I know they're not making it up).

And as Blue_Skies says: "It's simply creating unnecessary headaches doing so"
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    i have a few nicks thats similar but wouldnt want to use the same nick everywhere. not because i have something to hide as i dont, but that i dont want people to know how much i download etc.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast