Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Use your real nick

2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by rondo View Post
    I use the same nick and pass, my memory isnt as good as it was a few years ago...

that is not very wise ..
    if someday u will make a giveaway to someone ...that someone will probably try to f..k U
    on the other sites and still your accounts ..

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    I am who I am and I like others to know who I am. Being an FST member does not make me a bad person and its not up to any tracker to dictate to me which other sites I can belong to....if they do they can fuck off.

I tend to associate more with those that have just 1 or 2 nicks so I can recognise them at different sites. For me too many nicks invariably means you have something to hide....or just multiple personalities

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I'm using a different user name here than on trackers (where I mostly use the same nick on 90% of them). The reason I have a different name here is that when I joined this forum I thought that this was just another forum to check out for a couple of weeks and leave afterwards, never expected to stay here so I used some crappy name. If there was an easy way to change the user name I would have probably done it already.

I've never hidden my user name on trackers, and in fact some people who know me a little better know my user name on the trackers as well. If anyone cares to know he's welcome to PM me and if it's in any way their business (e.g. tracker staff or friends here or on the trackers) I'll be happy to tell them my user name.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    I use one of several names that I have been associated with, over the years. While transparency has some benefits, it also has some drawbacks. Using the same name everywhere can become a security issue.

It's a matter of choice at the end of the day, and how we choose to show ourselves to the world.

Many know me as someone else, yet that someone else is also someone else as well. The many layers that we use to protect who we really are, are sometimes vital.

This cloak to disguise us is a benefit, as well as a bane. The benefit is anonymity, yet the bane is the same thing. There are people here who flout the very meaning of community, yet they can get away with it because of the cloak.

Genuine members here, regardless of whether they use their common name, or an alias, do show through though. They are marked by the quality of their thought, which is reflected in the quality of their community spirit.

What is a name, at the end of the day?

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by jericospeedy View Post
    How's this for a trend to promote? Use the same nickname on FST that you use in private communities, and be proud of both.

First of all, many people have FST accounts, and many interesting people are active here - using FST does not make you a newb.

Second, in no exaggeration trading has become a plague on the private community scene.

So stop sneaking around, and use one nick. This is my main nick, and I go by 'speed' also. I'm proud of the accounts I have on all communities I sign up for.

The current trend is good for no one, and its a lot of wasted energy. I'll offer two words of advice to anyone here, and anyone who wishes to share it with others. These will get you anywhere you want to go, in the least amount of time, for the greatest amount of reward.

1) Contribute to every community you are part of, in such a way to improve the interests of that community. Be a good person.
    2) When you are part of a private community, respect its privacy by keeping all that happens within the site. Be secure.

says the person with 8 posts..

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    How's this for a trend to promote? Use the same nickname on FST that you use in private communities
    hahahahahahaha! no way, josè!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Unstable1 View Post
    How's this for a trend to promote? Use the same nickname on FST that you use in private communities
    hahahahahahaha! no way, josè!!

Seconds that .... To much of a security issue. Forum is open to anyone. So not going to let just anyone know who I am.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Last edited by Torture_Artist; 03-06-2008 at 09:30 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    indeed x246 is very strict

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    says the person with 8 posts..
    I don't think you realise just who jerichospeedy is

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast