Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My story / lesson....

deathking81's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Some of you may know I got an FTN invite from a giveaway on FST. Well, I was in the FTN channel and i was talking to a user, and we were talking about the movie Fight Club. I told him to talk to me in a different IRC channel because i was more active on that one. We became good friends, and he told me he was sharing his FTN account with a friend, and after he buffered it his friend changed the details on him, and he had a seedbox and 12 hours before i told him he could buffer my account. We were friends, and he buffered 50gb of my account, and it worked for 3 days more till it got disabled. FTN got hacked and i couldnt go on IRC, then I finally got on IRC and talked to a mod. The 50gb buffer was cheated, there were many hit and runs on my account, and the account was shared which was a big offense. I luckily got my FTN account back but this is a lesson that I have learned and hopefully if anyone will actually read what I typed, it will help them, NEVER SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT!
    ~PS, ftn staff pwn

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    if you do want to share your account, do that with your friends in your life, not on the internet

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    mera's Avatar Member BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    It's good to hear you got your account back and I think you were pretty lucky there . Thanks for sharing your experience, hopefully it will remind others out there to be more cautious about these things.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Glad you recovered your account and glad you learned the lesson.
    As Iīve said before, itīs always bad to cheat or whatever, but doing it to F*N is double crime.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    The Gladiator's Avatar I Will Report You BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    That's a lesson, a good one with a good final which is nice but not everyone can have this luck so try to follow his advice to avoid this situations.

Thanks for sharing your story

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."

**Don't PM me asking for invites**

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    well, i'm glad you got your account back ..... it's deffinatly not a good thing to share your account like that.... i wouldn't trust anyone in that manner.. not even friends IRL... i take care of my accounts.. and i know no one else will do it like i do.... soo with no offense to anyone..i just don't do it... cause as in your case you never know..

take better care with protect your trackers and yourself... i think many will find this story usefull to them..

cheers
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    now go seed all your H n' R torrents

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    now go seed all your H n' R torrents
    i agree with da squirr3l.... that will save your butt in that department.... at least
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I wouldn't share any of my accounts, ever. I have very few RL friends in the torrent world, but the ones I do have I trust highly. That is why I invite them when I am able. If invites aren't available, too bad for them, I can still dl stuff for them.

Why even bother with a buffer on a site with no ratio anyway? Were you just trying to up your user status or what? I don't understand....

I am very glad you got you account back, and hope you will show it the respect it deserves.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quarter's Avatar aaaaasssssddddd BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Things like that always happen.
    But don't get me wrong, friends threw the net can be great, some of them you can really trust and others.. well...

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast