Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: vipv2 goes p2l, lies, exploits, silences

pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    Tokeman, posted one of the few posts which actually understood the issue. I personally think the site hasn't really gone to p2l, but rather a bit like bcg used to have, with advatages for donating. All the same to see the admin lie about the p2l system being put to place, isn't good.

Someone invite me to fsc please

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    The reason why the hard alex thinks that an administrator was lying was due to the fact that the administrator wasn't aware of any donation-related topics , EVEN though he said there will never be a credit scheme, which is true.. because there are none.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    No one really cares you two. You were already banned at one site for this bullshit. Take your little pissing contest into the middle of a very busy freeway.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    <3 alexhard, i read your angst-ridden essay ;p

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    so you have issues, deal with them quietly, we don't care m8

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    typeoholic's Avatar Poster
    I can't say I've had a run in with the admin/staff there, but I will state that the forum trollers are a bunch of smart mouth jerks, and unnecessarily so. Maybe not all of them, I'm sure, but the ones that I have run across are.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    i cant speak for other trackers, imo they are free to do what they wish to get donations in and i wont judge them for however they go about it.

but we have just got rid off all "perks" i wouldnt realy call it p2l as it wasnt, but they did get perks. (we did bring the star back though)

and i have to say donations have dropped through the floor, we have till the end of the month before i start to panic though.

My point is though, lots and lots of trackers have incentives to get the members to donate, and tbh what i have read with this one, is tame compared to some others i have heard about.

But im also not here to judge either, they can do what they want and as long as they meet the server costs, thats all that matters in the end. having no incentives is how trackers go under (we have 50,000 members and are struggling, just think about a tracker with a 10/th of our userbase)
    Stoi if your struggling to pay the bill due to lack of donations i would bring the perks back just leave the seeding and leeching policy in tact which is a very good and strict one. Honestly? I don't see nothing wrong with a site offering GB or email accounts etc. I do feel it is wrong if you give perks and members dismiss the rules just because they get added benefits for donating. Shouldn't be cheating, scamming, hit or running on torrents at all or face getting automatically ip banned.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by typeoholic View Post
    I can't say I've had a run in with the admin/staff there, but I will state that the forum trollers are a bunch of smart mouth jerks, and unnecessarily so. Maybe not all of them, I'm sure, but the ones that I have run across are.
    hmm.. i've always found the forums quite friendly actually

9. BitTorrent   -   #19

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Honestly? I don't see nothing wrong with a site offering GB
    Allow me to enlighten you.

Apart from the fact it's selling warez, which clearly does not fit in with the definition of donation, tracker staff will say "don't cheat your ratio, it's bad, we'll ban you", then say "but if you give us your cash we'll do the cheating for you. Yay! Pay2cheat ftw!"

Ratio is a measurement, nothing else, it's certainly not an excuse to scam the gullible. Yet, for some reason, it's become perfectly acceptable to abuse that system in order to make a profit by selling regular members bandwidth. Paying customers are now favoured above regular filesharers.

Btw, I don't have anything against other "perks" as long as they have nothing to do with the filesharing aspect.

Imagine a torrent site as a human body.
    Staff provide the brain, members the soul, uploaders the muscle, all working together within the body itself.
    And yes, the body has to find a way to survive, and if the soul is strong enough to provide for itself, it will survive and prosper.
    On the other hand, if you have to start pimping your body then you're in a bad way, your soul is weak and you're liable to catch something...

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    that way many sites accept donations for upload. ever been on revtt?? why target this one in particualar. certainly seems like you had some kind of a squabble there. may be the OP should rename himself alex got it hard j/k

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast